Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1161 - 1180 of 1206 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Anyone know who has cracked the ECU yet for a stage 1 on cars built after March of last year.
bFlash out of Luxembourg are the software company.
They have a very professional On- Line presence.
You simply need to contact them and ask for the location of the closest Tuner to you using their product.
It is expensive, so many Tuners won't use it.
Then, of course, as always, it comes down to the human ability of the individual Tuner involved,

·
Registered
70 Posts
bFlash out of Luxembourg are the software company.
They have a very professional On- Line presence.
You simply need to contact them and ask for the location of the closest Tuner to you using their product.
It is expensive, so many Tuners won't use it.
Then, of course, as always, it comes down to the human ability of the individual Tuner involved,
Thanks will give them a call.

·
Registered
2021 AMG A45 S Plus, Sun Yellow, DTUK 470 PS, Akrapovic Evolution in Ti
223 Posts
I'm even going to see about getting that TCU tune that according to @nn7man has barely made shifts a little faster, because little is better than nothing. It's gonna be the DTE box (470hp) and I'm not opting for one of those angry UK tunes for the same reason that you wouldn't, the TCU tune that barely makes a difference, the Pedal box because that eliminates that little bit of response time between your foot and the throttle (again, little better than nothing) and of course some of the best semi slicks money can buy. That's it.

Edit: Meant to say pedal box not paddle box. Not installing longer paddles in a box.
Drove the car this weekend just using the paddles which I haven't done since the TCU tune, had only let the auto box do its stuff.

The good news is that shifting manually seemed to be noticeably faster than I recall before the TCU tune, plenty of noise too both up and down shifting!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Drove the car this weekend just using the paddles which I haven't done since the TCU tune, had only let the auto box do its stuff.

The good news is that shifting manually seemed to be noticeably faster than I recall before the TCU tune, plenty of noise too both up and down shifting!
Excellent news, getting even more hyped now. I always shift manually under spirited driving and I'm always on Race and esp-sport.

I was gonna get it in March right after my warranty expired which is in a month from now, only because it makes more sense. I know the box can be removed and supposedly no trace is left behind but then again you never know, just makes more sense to just wait another month. But lately I've been thinking maybe get it in April right after my B service for two reasons, one, although warranty expires early March, I was told I'm still covered for another couple of months, albeit unofficially, and two, dealer might be willing to do the install for me, haven't checked with them yet. Perfect time in wonderful weather too. 😁

·
Registered
223 Posts
...the Pedal box because that eliminates that little bit of response time between your foot and the throttle (again, little better than nothing) and of course some of the best semi slicks money can buy. That's it.
I have the Pedal box too, completes the trio of DTE products for our cars, must get round to fitting it.

I know it doesn't add anything to engine HP/TQ but plenty of reviews out there from owners who swear its as good as a tune in terms of how it feels. Got to be worth trying.

@Turbo Ed, will look into the Conti 6's when my MPS4S are a bit more worn, perhaps going oversized with the 255's as they seem to fit fine on the stock wheels. You might be interested to know that Brabus specced Conti Sport Contact 6's (265/305) on my E800 Brabus Monoblock wheels, their tyre of choice.

P.S. the Bentley has 275/315's but delivered with P Zero :(

·
Super Moderator
5,513 Posts
I would tread with caution regardless of how good the Luxembourg tuner is. If Brabus have pulled their A45s tune that says a lot.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would tread with caution regardless of how good the Luxembourg tuner is. If Brabus have pulled their A45s tune that says a lot.
I think Brabus pulled theirs due to difficulties remapping the ECU and CPC with multiple OEM software versions/ changes out there. Seems like no problems with the Posaidon and DTE tuning boxes which don't need the software cracking. The box dupes the CPC as well as the ECU.

I'll have to get mine back to Litchfield's dyno at some point but I reckon its making 500+ PS:

Stock 438 PS as per the LM dyno
DTE box +50 PS (adds to the actual stock PS)
Akra back box +13 PS
Eventuri intake +13 PS

Even with a bit of de-duping should be 500+

·
Super Moderator
5,513 Posts
I think Brabus pulled theirs due to difficulties remapping the ECU and CPC with multiple OEM software versions/ changes out there. Seems like no problems with the Posaidon and DTE tuning boxes which don't need the software cracking. The box dupes the CPC as well as the ECU.

I'll have to get mine back to Litchfield's dyno at some point but I reckon its making 500+ PS:

Akra back box +13 PS
Eventuri intake +13 PS

You seem to have a winner with your tune. I'm thoroughly jealous 👌

·
Registered
661 Posts
The company in Luxembourg, to the best of my knowledge, are NOT Tuners.
They are software developers.
To use their software, you need to find a competent Tuner using it, on a quality dyno.
The Luxembourg software (and hardware) is not cheap, so many Tuners will not use it.

·
Registered
661 Posts

Akra back box +13 PS
Eventuri intake +13 PS

@nn7man
I wished modifications worked like that, IE cumulatively.
Unfortunately, they rarely do.
You would probably see 500 Flywheel from our vehicle with your mods in a 20C ambient on a Maha MSR 500 on 100 RON petrol, if you allowed your friends at Litchfield's to do a custom tune.
However, I think that is probably about the only way.

·
Registered
661 Posts

Akra back box +13 PS
Eventuri intake +13 PS

@nn7man / @Theo
I thought you might both like to see what it is taking to find out whether @Craig70 was correct when he said that I had purchased the wrong vehicle for my use and environment.
This image, shot recently, is about 25% of the work involved in obtaining a definitive conclusion
It shows approximately half the necessary sensors installed on the dummy top half engine which I purchased as parts.
I say 25% completed, as the other half of the necessary sensors still require installation and the entire vehicle then needs to go out to a Custom Wiring company for the necessary electrical looms to be made..
Slow; however we are getting there.
After the workshop has finished the sensor installation and while the car is out for wiring, the top half of the engine which you can see is going on the Flow Bench.
Cylinder Head, Inlet Manifold and Exhaust Manifold.
THAT will be interesting , as I have seen no such figures anywhere on the Internet, even in German.
If you are interested in any more angles of the dummy top half setup, I do have a couple more taken from the front of the engine.
Motor vehicle Art Gas Automotive design Engineering

·
Registered
223 Posts
Took my car in for its 1st service yesterday. Didn't bother trying to hide the mods, not that easy with an Akra and Eventuri so didn't bother disconnecting the DTUK tuning box either.

So I get the usual vehicle health check video, all good but the tech notes the aftermarket exhaust and tuning box (didn't spot the TCU tune).

Then when I collect it I see its had a 9 mile test drive (rather than 1-2 miles) and the service adviser tells me the tech says its the nicest/best car he's worked on in a while :)

Quite a compliment when he'd been working on Raz Roken's GT Black Series which was still there :)

·
Super Moderator
5,513 Posts
Quite a compliment when he'd been working on Raz Roken's GT Black Series which was still there :)
I'm guessing that car will be on several test drives 😁

Reactions: Turbo Ed

·
Registered
278 Posts
Took my car in for its 1st service yesterday. Didn't bother trying to hide the mods, not that easy with an Akra and Eventuri so didn't bother disconnecting the DTUK tuning box either.

So I get the usual vehicle health check video, all good but the tech notes the aftermarket exhaust and tuning box (didn't spot the TCU tune).

Then when I collect it I see its had a 9 mile test drive (rather than 1-2 miles) and the service adviser tells me the tech says its the nicest/best car he's worked on in a while :)

Funny you should say that as ours is in for some work (gearbox issue, electrical faults and back seat replaced) and apparently the technician said it was the nicest A45S he's ever driven.
This was after a software update for the gearbox!
What he probably failed to mention is that it's the first time he's ever driven one 😄

·
Registered
661 Posts

Ah Ha,
However, just wait until you develop the mandatory rattle or squeak and want them to address it under warranty ! :)

1161 - 1180 of 1206 Posts