Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Just received an email from my leasing company. My Mojave Missile is due to the dealership this coming Saturday (20th), so I guess it's already built and awaiting transport. Due to holiday and an upcoming US business trip, I can't collect until w/c 6th May though :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
isnt his glass actually privacy glass rather than applied tints? so basically MB parts (tinted windows)
Yes that's my point :D

Would rather have dealer fitted privacy glass than third party tints applied, if I know how he approached the dealer I will have the same chat you see :)

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I’m sure Southwestwall will be along soon (well when he comes in from driving his Mojave Missile) to spill all, but I recall him writing in a different thread that the tinted glass is available from the MB parts department for approx. £315, then I expect it’s an hour or two of labour, so somewhere in the region of £400-500 all in sounds about right

Reactions: stylee

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m sure Southwestwall will be along soon (well when he comes in from driving his Mojave Missile) to spill all, but I recall him writing in a different thread that the tinted glass is available from the MB parts department for approx. £315, then I expect it’s an hour or two of labour, so somewhere in the region of £400-500 all in sounds about right
Cheers :)

I will try to find the thread, was probably just before I joined. If that is the case that is the way to go.

Thanks again
Rob

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Cheers :)

I will try to find the thread, was probably just before I joined. If that is the case that is the way to go.

Thanks again
Rob
PM inbound stylee. Which covers the subjects of parts and shop time. Not for public consumption, when although quite rarely, even dealers occasionally bother to read forums.

Reactions: stylee

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Another day of little discoveries and reminders of what has been shared here on the forums.

Even with less than 100 miles on the odo, the missile clocked up some bonkers fuel economy on the trip to work; 38.2 mpg over 19 miles of mixed roads. Amazing! That's not far off the W176 A200 at about 42 mpg, which will help offset the cost of 99 RON vintage claret when commuting.

With most of the car park at work empty owing to the Easter holiday period, it was time to play with self park in a sterile environment. Freaked out a couple of guys exiting the sports centre, who saw me sat with my hands up in a manoeuvring car. As a side note, the parking sensors were picking up kerb edges, particularly at the front ... rather handy.

Note to self, the downward tilting of the mirrors in reverse is only supposed to be convenient, not mesmerising. Look in them, not at them.

Couldn't resist the inner child, with a loud start or two and a few brief bursts of snap, crackle and pop.

Had a reminder of the barely restrained attack dog, when dumping an idiot trying to overtake in a 30 limit he thought he had an exemption for ... with one tap of the throttle and an instant 50 yard gap, followed by resumption of sub-30 wafting. Was that acceleration or a quantum jump?

MBUX armed with a high capacity USB-C flash drive beats the crap out of streaming as a high quality instant access audio library. Mercedes ... play [any music artist, album or track I can remember to name]

"Hey" has already been dropped. "Mercedes" will do ... until or unless a future OTA allows selection of another trigger.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
That real world fuel economy sounds good. I’m used to 28-30mpg on premium diesel from my X5, so the A35 is going to feel almost ECO by comparison.

So it turns out my car arrived at the dealer yesterday. I’ve asked the leasing company if they can get the dealer to take some early photos for me. If they oblige, I’ll post the Mojave style pack photos on here. I’m on holiday down in Cornwall next week and then away with work the week after. So with the May Day bank holiday taken into account as well, I can’t collect my car until the 7th May. Final stint of the wait, but this is killing me now...

Reactions: Southwestwall

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Perhaps you'll see the missile on your travels slightly south west of England ... if you do it will very likely be me, as it's the first A35 down here by all accounts.

Another one of those little A35 discoveries ... I was looking at the Mercedes Me store for the missile yesterday and noticed something that might interest you all.

Although AMG Track Pace wasn't available on the configurator, it is available as a once-on purchase for 267.00 sterlings. Hmm ... nice present would that make.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Well if you see someone in a white BMW X5 flashing headlights at you frantically, that will be me ?

Reactions: Southwestwall

·
Registered
31 Posts
Another day of little discoveries and reminders of what has been shared here on the forums.

Even with less than 100 miles on the odo, the missile clocked up some bonkers fuel economy on the trip to work; 38.2 mpg over 19 miles of mixed roads. Amazing! That's not far off the W176 A200 at about 42 mpg, which will help offset the cost of 99 RON vintage claret when commuting.

With most of the car park at work empty owing to the Easter holiday period, it was time to play with self park in a sterile environment. Freaked out a couple of guys exiting the sports centre, who saw me sat with my hands up in a manoeuvring car. As a side note, the parking sensors were picking up kerb edges, particularly at the front ... rather handy.

Note to self, the downward tilting of the mirrors in reverse is only supposed to be convenient, not mesmerising. Look in them, not at them.

Couldn't resist the inner child, with a loud start or two and a few brief bursts of snap, crackle and pop.

Had a reminder of the barely restrained attack dog, when dumping an idiot trying to overtake in a 30 limit he thought he had an exemption for ... with one tap of the throttle and an instant 50 yard gap, followed by resumption of sub-30 wafting. Was that acceleration or a quantum jump?

MBUX armed with a high capacity USB-C flash drive beats the crap out of streaming as a high quality instant access audio library. Mercedes ... play [any music artist, album or track I can remember to name]

"Hey" has already been dropped. "Mercedes" will do ... until or unless a future OTA allows selection of another trigger.

Nice, haha when using park-assist did you have your hands in the air as if you were on a roller coaster? :D
lol @ the Quantum jump :D

That real world fuel economy sounds good. I’m used to 28-30mpg on premium diesel from my X5, so the A35 is going to feel almost ECO by comparison.

So it turns out my car arrived at the dealer yesterday. I’ve asked the leasing company if they can get the dealer to take some early photos for me. If they oblige, I’ll post the Mojave style pack photos on here. I’m on holiday down in Cornwall next week and then away with work the week after. So with the May Day bank holiday taken into account as well, I can’t collect my car until the 7th May. Final stint of the wait, but this is killing me now...
That's torture right there, at least your wait will be over soon. Fingers crossed they send you some pics although that would be more torture for you :(

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Reinstalled my Blackvue DR490L 2-channel dashcam from the W176 A200 into the missile today. Took a little while to sort out suitable ignition and permanent live supplies, plus ensure the piggy back fuse connectors were a good fit in unused slots; 125 for ignition and 162 for permanent.

Minor details with trim and seals are a bit trickier in the W177 than the W176, but other than that the routing is very similar, all the way to the rear screen.

At some point when I've collated all the photos, I'm not out in the missile, or wiring the house, or gardening, or at work, it's arse weather and there's no pixels to kill, no premium TV to watch (all you GoT addicts) and other sundry excuses, I might eventually post a guide.

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Popped into the dealer today to order a reversible boot mat, as the one from my W176 was too short, so I left it in there at trade-in time.

Apparently there have only been a handful sold in the UK, according to the parts guy, to which I replied "that's because the accessories catalogue is so disorganised nobody knows half the gear exists!" Anyhoo it is now on its way from Germany.

I had only spotted the existence of the reversible mat by finding one in the boot of the B-Class showroom car at the dealer a few weeks ago and slinging it in an A-Class to see if it fitted.

Had a chat with my sales exec, including a quick dig in the ribs about giving them a free boot mat and having to order a replacement. To be fair, they did load me up at wifey's separate arrangement, as the missile was supposed to be ready for my birthday. Golf umbrella, picnic blanket, LED torch, windscreen cover, pens, tank of fuel ... not bad at all really.

On the way out they were unloading an Iridium Silver A35, still in its transit wrapping, from a transporter. That brought back memories of when I was a youngster, out on the road delivering cars with my Dad.

Eight hundred miles clocked now, the rest should be eaten up on a civilised trip to Bath next week to see The Manics.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Eight hundred miles clocked now, the rest should be eaten up on a civilised trip to Bath next week to see The Manics.
Almost there Southwestwall, then the real fun can begin :grin:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Perhaps a silly question (!) but I presume the standard A177 boot liner fits the A35? (i.e. no extra protuberances in the boot!).

Getting mine (car!) on Tuesday and a boot mat will be the first on the list of things to get.

SWW - what's on the two sides of the reversible mat - rubber and carpet? I don't suppose you have a part number for it, do you?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Perhaps a silly question (!) but I presume the standard A177 boot liner fits the A35? (i.e. no extra protuberances in the boot!).

Getting mine (car!) on Tuesday and a boot mat will be the first on the list of things to get.

SWW - what's on the two sides of the reversible mat - rubber and carpet? I don't suppose you have a part number for it, do you?
Yes the mat is rubberised one side and velour carpet on the reverse. The accessories configurator is still clumsy, but has finally been updated with many of the part numbers I ransacked from the web earlier this year, including the reversible mat.

https://configurator.mercedes-benz-accessories.com/en-MB/a-class-w177-0110/Comfort/Load_compartment/Reversible_mat_with_Velcro_strip_for_load_sill_guard_A1776842100

Some would say that it's not cheap at 93.00 from the parts department at the dealer, but my W176 mat protected the boot floor well and was easy to clean. It does also have an attachment strip for the sill protector.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Just returned from a break in Bath, to see the Manic Street Preachers, shop some, then and a dine and stay at The Pig. The trip up was so0o0o smooth, the missile just eats miles with ease, 178 at 40.9 mpg mainly on A and B roads.

On the way back, nipped over the border into to Gloucestershire for a stately visit, then about-turn home to Kernow, 200 miles of lazy touring, again at 40.9 mpg. Mad fuel economy for this kind of car and even more so fresh out of the showroom.

Apart from the passage of time and lazy legs from sitting down too long, it was hard to tell whether these journeys were 20 miles or ten times that. Fantastic way to travel by road. The old W176 A200 was really comfortable and accomplished, but the trade off of firmer ride and a thirst for premium, against effortless power, auto box driving, wet **** to a blanket road holding and fingertip technology has been nothing short of fecking marvellous.

Reactions: AThirtyFive

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Nice write up @Southwestwall.

Have you used the seat kinetics feature? I haven't done a long trip yet but I'm expecting the seat kinetics to help with fatigue when I do. For now it's fun just using it on relatively short trips.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts