Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just another question, noticed that front facing camera is picking up speed limit sign so must be working and tbh not perfect but still very good. I’m not seeing the augmented reality though. I’m guessing it’s because I haven’t got the connectivity module yet. Can anyone confirm

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
Some recent builds haven't got AR and it will be retro fitted. Where this has happened they have been told in advance before accepting the car and often have had to sign a temporary waiver. Did your dealer mention this or at least is it in your order paperwork.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Some recent builds haven't got AR and it will be retro fitted. Where this has happened they have been told in advance before accepting the car and often have had to sign a temporary waiver. Did your dealer mention this or at least is it in your order paperwork.
Yes, dealer did mention this and sent a list of things that would be missing. I signed the waiver because otherwise I probably wouldn’t have the car. Most of the things missing were on the Mercedes Me stuff so I was ok to wait. I’m ok with this but just wanted to check that AR relied on the connectivity module which will be retro fitted

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, picking my 2019 A class up next week -

(can't wait!)

Question - I want front door projectors but I can only find the ones that fit W176 - I have been looking through other posts and I have noticed that a few people have been saying that the W176 style light fights into the W177

Can I get some help, as I went to purchase some via ebay and it said in the description only for W176

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
Have a look on Wish.com. It's a Chinese company which flys your orders over to the UK, so takes a couple of weeks to receive items.

·
Administrator
4,822 Posts
@Hilly1993 Ive moved your query into this Newbies Questions thread.

Try to have a search of this forum before starting new threads, this particular query you had about door projectors had its very own thread just a few posts down on the first page :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which trim has AR Nav?

Also, where's the best place to see a list of every single feature each trim has over the others? The MB website seems very incomplete. Thanks!

·
Administrator
4,822 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you! Any chance they stated a reason for removing that feature? I figure either it didn't work as well as intended or they're reserving it for more expensive cars.

·
Registered
A 250 e
9 Posts
Hi All,

I let my girlfriend take my A250e to her work because of fuel shortages in the UK and she has done "some damage" to the door:

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

I'm not sure if there's any urgent thing I need to do right now. I was thinking of popping by the dealer tomorrow first thing and ask for a quote to see if it is much more than the excess I have with my insurer.

Anyone here experienced with making these types of claims?

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
Hi All,

I let my girlfriend take my A250e to her work because of fuel shortages in the UK and she has done "some damage" to the door:

View attachment 8808

I'm not sure if there's any urgent thing I need to do right now. I was thinking of popping by the dealer tomorrow first thing and ask for a quote to see if it is much more than the excess I have with my insurer.

Anyone here experienced with making these types of claims?
Yes. Some low life left a small dent in my original A45 passenger door.

I went to a repair garage and they quoted me something like double my excess which was around £850. I contacted Aviva and went through them and as it turns out the same garage is a part of the Aviva network. I lost 30% of my NCD but the repair was perfect and done in a week and I had some very slow courtesy car while they did it and got a couple of alloys refurbished while the car was there.

You will need a door, hopefully just the skin, and rear panel. Mine needed just a door skin. If you want it to look perfect you are probably looking at over £2K.

Reactions: hjribeiro

·
Registered
A 250 e
9 Posts
yeah, think so. Might take it to Halfords just to see what high street garage charge me, but I'd be surprised with anything lower than twice my excess - which is the same as yours.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,104 Posts
I had my car home delivered so getting the handover talk through this video just 21 months late ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi, i have just activated mercedes. me on the wifes car. it says i can activate tracking etc will she know it has been activated or know she can be tracked?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, I’m really new to Mercedes and MBUX. I’m struggling to get my head around how the car communicates with Mercedes me? Does the car use your mobile phone as a gateway to the Internet? So, can the car only communicate with Mercedes me when the phone is within range of the car? Any advice, explanation, help, appreciated,
David

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for that. Do you know whether it connects by Wi-Fi or 4G.? I'm finding the Mercedes Me stuff quite obscure, but perhaps it's just my age!!
thanks,
David

21 - 40 of 54 Posts