Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi everyone.

Wonder if anyone can help on the ambient lighting issue. Picked up my 2019 A35 with Premium Plus package a couple of weeks ago but can't seem to get the ambient lighting to switch on. Which includes normal interior light as well.
I've gone into all the settings and seem to have turned on all options, chosen colour etc., but still doesn't turn on.
I noticed on the forum it was said to try voice activation which I'll try later today after work.

Just wondered if there's something obvious I haven't done as this is my first Merc?

Craig.

·
Registered
2019 A200d AMG Line Premium Auto
28 Posts
Hi everyone.

Wonder if anyone can help on the ambient lighting issue. Picked up my 2019 A35 with Premium Plus package a couple of weeks ago but can't seem to get the ambient lighting to switch on. Which includes normal interior light as well.
I've gone into all the settings and seem to have turned on all options, chosen colour etc., but still doesn't turn on.
I noticed on the forum it was said to try voice activation which I'll try later today after work.

Just wondered if there's something obvious I haven't done as this is my first Merc?

Craig.
I can’t be sure on this solution but have you checked the interior light deactivation button hasn’t been pressed? You’ll find it on the panel in the roof lining where the interior light is.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I can’t be sure on this solution but have you checked the interior light deactivation button hasn’t been pressed? You’ll find it on the panel in the roof lining where the interior light is.
Yes, normal interior light works fine. Took it to local dealer yesterday and get them to check it. He confirmed its not working and is booked in for repair on the 21st.....watch this space!!!

·
Registered
2019 A200d AMG Line Premium Auto
28 Posts
Yes, normal interior light works fine. Took it to local dealer yesterday and get them to check it. He confirmed its not working and is booked in for repair on the 21st.....watch this space!!!
It’ll probably be something simple. These cars are known for their electrical gremlins but most of the time they’re simple fixes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New MB owner with a few light queries...

1) Is it possible to change the light sesitivity of when auto lights change from DRL (bright) only to DRL (dim) and dipped beam? I find they come on when there is even slight overcast. Previous non MB cars I could change this.

2) Can the DRL brightness be changed when lights in parker/standing mode? Currently they very dim.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day fellow travellers,

I have now had my A Class for 2 years but due to a combination of the pandemic and my own laziness, I still have not had the 'Service A' carried out and it is now approaching the time when I would be due my 'Service B'.

My question is, would it be weird to arrange to get both service types carried out in one sitting?

Thank you kindly,
Shawn
xxx

·
Administrator
5,306 Posts
Good day fellow travellers,

I have now had my A Class for 2 years but due to a combination of the pandemic and my own laziness, I still have not had the 'Service A' carried out and it is now approaching the time when I would be due my 'Service B'.

My question is, would it be weird to arrange to get both service types carried out in one sitting?

Thank you kindly,
Shawn
xxx
Service B usually includes much of Service A, so just book a Service B with any overdue items from Service A (eg on 4Matic that might include a rear diff oil change).

If your car is on finance, they won’t be very happy that a service has been missed, as some items are time sensitive as opposed to just mileage sensitive.

·
Administrator
5,306 Posts
New MB owner with a few light queries...

1) Is it possible to change the light sesitivity of when auto lights change from DRL (bright) only to DRL (dim) and dipped beam? I find they come on when there is even slight overcast. Previous non MB cars I could change this.

2) Can the DRL brightness be changed when lights in parker/standing mode? Currently they very dim.
1. No, I haven’t seen a setting for this.

2. Not via a user menu.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,

So I’m finally due to get my long awaited and very delayed A250e next Thursday.

Does anyone know if they come with mats and if not, where to get some decent mats from?

many thanks

Matt

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Forgive the random question but does anyone know if an average rocking chair would fit in an A200 with the back seats down please??
Thanks in advance
Out of interest did the rocking chair fit. My elderly mother has a wheeled walking frame which fits and easily fits if I lower the height.

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
I really hope so....fingers crossed.
Did you sort this out.

My wife's A3 the interior lights didn't work and what I would have thought would be a straight forward fix, took weeks. They had to order a module for it in the end.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good evening,

I have just purchased a new 22 plater A200 AMG and was wondering if there is anyway of getting rid of the miles left until I have to refuel on the dash board please?

I hate looking at it constantly going down :)

Thanks
Michael

·
Administrator
5,306 Posts
Good evening,

I have just purchased a new 22 plater A200 AMG and was wondering if there is anyway of getting rid of the miles left until I have to refuel on the dash board please?

I hate looking at it constantly going down :)

Thanks
Michael
I don’t think you can. Maybe try a different display view?

41 - 60 of 89 Posts