Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys, random question. First merc btw. I have a45s and I was wondering when I press the ignition twice (not starting engine) all symbols and lights come on which is accessory mode right ? Where you can charge phone etc. sometimes it makes funny noises in the engine bay area. Is this normal? Is it doing some sort of checks and is this bad for the car? Cold Engine was ready for cold start I wana make sure I didn’t damage anything. I was originally checking in accessory mode to check how much fuel I had left for a trip etc

·
Administrator
5,163 Posts
Hi guys, random question. First merc btw. I have a45s and I was wondering when I press the ignition twice (not starting engine) all symbols and lights come on which is accessory mode right ? Where you can charge phone etc. sometimes it makes funny noises in the engine bay area. Is this normal? Is it doing some sort of checks and is this bad for the car? Cold Engine was ready for cold start I wana make sure I didn’t damage anything. I was originally checking in accessory mode to check how much fuel I had left for a trip etc
Yup normal to have under bonnet and other components wake up. No damage will be done (apart from draining the battery slightly).

actually there are 3 positions

1st press (no brake pedal) - Aux position
2nd press (no brake pedal) - Ignition position
3rd press (with brake pedal) - Engine Crank position

·
Registered
7 Posts
As long as you pair your phone to the car Bluetooth beforehand it will work.
Thanks. I am about to buy a new phone equipped with wireless charging spec, and that is an important issue for me. I was looking for users with wireless charging phone owners that had any problem with keeping communication while the phone is charging wirelessly. I read a few articles about possible negatives of wireless charging such as not being able to "use" the phone while charging... I wondered if being unable to "use" includes " not being able to talk via MBUX ", too.

·
Super Moderator
5,513 Posts
Thank you!
I'm looking to upgrade my iPhone to bring myself in to 2022. Which phone do you have which offers wireless charging. I can't see against the iPhone 13 or 2022 SE that it says explicitly it has wireless charging.

·
Registered
A200d Auto Premium Plus 2021 Denim Blue
25 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade my iPhone to bring myself in to 2022. Which phone do you have which offers wireless charging. I can't see against the iPhone 13 or 2022 SE that it says explicitly it has wireless charging.
Well if it’s any help my iPhone 12 has wireless charging and rests perfectly flat on the charging pad. If I were to upgrade I’d be wanting the same size phone.

·
Registered
A200d Auto Premium Plus 2021 Denim Blue
25 Posts
Well if it’s any help my iPhone 12 has wireless charging and rests perfectly flat on the charging pad. If I were to upgrade I’d be wanting the same size phone.
@Forrester
Just been doing a little research and all iPhones since 2017 have wireless charging capability. Also, there are apparently two versions of iPhone 13 which are the same size as my iPhone 12 ie 6.1 inches which fits perfectly on charging pad. I’m not due to upgrade until September and iPhone 14 will be out by then, hopefully same size as my current phone

·
Super Moderator
5,513 Posts
Thank you. Very useful information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please can someone help me as the dealer is not being helpful, they are saying they’ve done everything their end. It’s a 2022 reg so shouldn’t need an adapter. This is what I get on the app, no services at all. I’ve ticked and unticked the terms and rebooted.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,163 Posts
Please can someone help me as the dealer is not being helpful, they are saying they’ve done everything their end. It’s a 2022 reg so shouldn’t need an adapter. This is what I get on the app, no services at all. I’ve ticked and unticked the terms and rebooted.
Maybe your car has been delivered without the comms module due to component shortages.

Read the thread below, press the overhead Me button, or call the number on the driver door sill.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a A250e built in early 2020 (so cameras, LTE, etc are in place), latest software, and I have a question about parking assistance.

When I use it it only shows prompts for perpendicular parking, nothing for parallel parking. I tried all sorts of scenarios, but I never got a prompt for parallel parking. Is it normal?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have a A250e built in early 2020 (so cameras, LTE, etc are in place), latest software, and I have a question about parking assistance.
A-classes produced from around mid-2020 are subject to UN R79 restrictions, which results, among others, in no parallel parking, no active lane change assistant, etc.
However, these functions can be fully restored by coding.

·
Administrator
5,163 Posts
Hi everyone,

When I use it it only shows prompts for perpendicular parking, nothing for parallel parking. I tried all sorts of scenarios, but I never got a prompt for parallel parking. Is it normal?
Yep.

see this thread

61 - 79 of 79 Posts