Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered A250 Eng by AMG what seemed like years ago and now have a pick up date of next Friday. Not holding out much hope that this date will ring true though based on some other experiences.

Can't wait to pick her up and looking a the pictures of the other Engineered cars doesn't help.

Glad I opted for the pan roof as it finishes the car of really nicely, just hope the sun keeps shining so I can test it out.

How are the lucky ones finding the car?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
The pan roof is fab even in the rain. The glass makes the interior much lighter and brighter! Enjoy Gooey!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Literally ordered the options list and the pan roof is the one I think I like the most. Will prob change that opinion once its delivered.

Also anyone with the DCT how does it drive / shift in manual mode?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hi Gooey,

Trust me when I say the wait is defos worth it! Iv taken delivery of mine last Friday but I cant stop staring through the window every now and again.

The exhaust note is pretty **** nice!!!

The DCT gear box is brill! I was coming from a car with DSG and thought it will be very hard for MB to beat this but I can honestly say I think this tops the DSG. The shifting is smooth and quick in auto.
Not tried the manual yet as im having fun with just the auto.

and yep as Lynne has mentioned the pano roof is fab!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I didn't go for the pano roof (probably because it rains so much in the UK!?) ... I have one on my current car, and it does make the interior lighter but then, I dunno, the A-Class with the interior lighting package looks so amazing so for me I would prefer to have the subtle lighting effects on the interior more pronounced than have the sunroof remind me of how bad the weather is currently!

I'm not against the pano roof though, i test drove one with it in and I thought it was very very cool how it slides back, it doesn't have ridiculous rails on the roof to facilitate it either! A great option, and one I had to have a good think about to leave off the car...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got to agree with googlebug. I prefer it dark in the car not light. At night time the car looks mint with the interior lights on. I think the pan roof looks good but when inside it just annoyed me all the day light. Was a hard choice though, does finish the car off nicely.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can always get the roof wrapped in black - this is what I am planning for the Engineered, along with the front splitter and wing mirrors

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just like the idea of the Pano roof and I imagine like Lynne said even in the rain it will be pretty cool.

That said with or without it is still a good looking car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts