Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I phrased that rather badly, I know about the SOS and button.

I didn't know bout MB Concierge Service, mainly because our Owners Manual has been sent to us yet.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I phrased that rather badly, I know about the SOS and button.

I didn't know bout MB Concierge Service, mainly because our Owners Manual has been sent to us yet.

Thanks for the reply.
While you are waiting for the owners manual there is on online guide app you can download for your phone. I find it easier as you can just type in the search. The concierge button is next to the SOS button. I think it is free for the first year, however I think it is an outdated service in this day of age, with online booking and google. Before the internet it would be a nice service to get somebody else to book something, but by the time you press the button, tell them what you want, give them time to google it and then make the booking, you could have just done it on the website.

·
Registered
4 Posts
CarPlay/Android Auto as standard.

Option for bigger Instrumentation screen, without a bigger Entertainment screen.

Twin 7" screens (if these are to be base) should be flush and with bonded-glass.

Privacy glass/dipping rear-view mirror should be standard.

Washers on headlights.

Parking sensors (including front) should be standard.

Option of non-lowered suspension in the UK!
We have 12 parking sensors as standard (6 on the front bumper & 6 on the rear bumper) here in Singapore.
However, I have seen some units on the street with 4 parking sensors only (2 on the front bumper, 2 on the rear bumper). Uncertain if these were installed post-delivery or available from factory.

·
Registered
209 Posts
To add to the list:

- More paint colour options.
- On the A35, the option to have a half-way house styling pack that doesn't include the full rear spoiler and the flicks on the front corners.
- Ability to change the MBUX activation word from "Mercedes"or "hey Mercedes", to something of your own choosing.
- Ability to link MBUX to Amazon Alexa as a skill so you can issues commands from MBUX to Alexa and vice versa.
I got around your last one by fitting an Echo Dot in my car, and tethering THAT to my mobile via Personal Hotspot, works beautifully, and since it's just one of 4 Echo's (the other 3 in various rooms in my house that control my SmartHome) I can now ask my Mercedes Dot to switch my electric blanket on or turn up my NEST thermostat, before I get home. :D

·
Registered
A200 AMG Line Premium Plus
35 Posts
Oh if only MB offered a heated windscreen ( and steering wheel) option .........
Heated windscreen is what I miss the most coming from Ford. My Focus also had heated steering wheel (which is an option Mercedes offer) but rarely used it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Heated windscreen is what I miss the most coming from Ford. My Focus also had heated steering wheel (which is an option Mercedes offer) but rarely used it.
I loved the heated steering wheel in my previous Focus ST (it heated up so much quicker than everything else), but it wasn't an option with the AMG steering wheel on the A Class. :-(

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree with all the OP, the USB for a dash cam is a brilliant idea. I've wondered for years why heated steering wheels and heated front screens are not more common.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's another : auto muting of radio/music when reverse gear is selected so the driver is not distracted when trying to reverse. Should be standard on all cars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
And another: similar to aboth but in reverse - adjust Mercedes volume to match speed, quiter at slow speed, louder at fast speed, so you're not deafened at slow speed by the satnav instructions or struggling to hear at high speed.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts