Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 years of owning an A45 and after many happy miles, pops and crackles its time to look for a new car. After trying the alternatives (RS3 etc) I've come to the conclusion that there is only one car that I could possibly replace my beloved A45 with... Yep, you've guessed it, I'm about to order a new A45

Last time I went with Polar Silver and I would be happy to go with it again but my wife is trying to persuade me to go with the Matt Mountain Grey Magno, which I do actually prefer but i am a little concerned how delicate it is and how much additional care it would require over the gloss colors (I wash my car probably around once a month with a jet wash, I dont really have time for much more than that). I know that this question has been raised on one or two other threads but what I have read hasn't really put my mind at ease.

Can anyone give any advice based on personal experience? Has anyone ever chose it and then regretted it? If it makes any difference, I only plan on keeping my next care for no more than 2 years.

Many thanks for your thoughts and views on this

Paqman

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Paqman said:
After 2 years of owning an A45 and after many happy miles, pops and crackles  its time to look for a new car. After trying the alternatives (RS3 etc) I've come to the conclusion that there is only one car that I could possibly replace my beloved A45 with... Yep, you've guessed it,  I'm about to order a new A45 

Last time I went with Polar Silver and I would be happy to go with it again but my wife is trying to persuade me to go with the Matt Mountain Grey Magno, which I do actually prefer but i am a little concerned how delicate it is and how much additional care it would require over the gloss colors (I wash my car probably around once a month with a jet wash, I dont really have time for much more than that). I know that this question has been raised on one or two other threads but what I have read hasn't really put my mind at ease.

Can anyone give any advice based on personal experience? Has anyone ever chose it and then regretted it?  If it makes any difference, I only plan on keeping my next care for no more than 2 years.

Many thanks for your thoughts and views on this

Paqman
Maintenance, respraying in case of panel damage or touch ups etc is a real pain with these Matt colours.

My advice would be - buy a colour you like and wrap it Matt grey.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Or go for the standard metallic Mountain Grey.

As said above, the matt paints are lovely to look at but can be a pain in the arse to maintain.

·
Registered
111 Posts
A friend of mine has the C63 AMG edition 1. It's the one with that magno matte grey and bright yellow stripe. He says it's a pain in the bum to clean and maintain as others say but it's stunning I must say. I would worry it takes the enjoyment of using the car if one has to be extra paranoid of not getting stone chips and worried if get door dents etc. The car colour will get a lot of attention too can be good or bad thats how I see it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts