Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Mercedes and I’m finding out new things every day. Thought it helpful to start a thread sharing useful nuggets of info, e.g. MBUX commands possibly not documented.

Here’s something I just discovered.

If you press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel, it activates the voice assistant on your mobile (providing it is connected via Bluetooth). For me it activates Siri.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Good idea

Saw on a video if you press n hold the back button on the driver did it sets the gauges back to standard

·
Registered
773 Posts
New to Mercedes and I’m finding out new things every day. Thought it helpful to start a thread sharing useful nuggets of info, e.g. MBUX commands possibly not documented.

Here’s something I just discovered.

If you press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel, it activates the voice assistant on your mobile (providing it is connected via Bluetooth). For me it activates Siri.
Is this even if you don't have the phone connectivity pack?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Yes. Apparently it’s been a function available for many years.
Good news. Makes me wonder what you get extra that people pay for the connectivity pack, apart from the wireless charger. My phone doesn't have wireless charging and not looking to change that for a few years now, so that would be no use for me.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Good news. Makes me wonder what you get extra that people pay for the connectivity pack, apart from the wireless charger. My phone doesn't have wireless charging and not looking to change that for a few years now, so that would be no use for me.
Apple Carplay and being able to open the doors via NFC. Not sure what else.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not really a tip but found the lock/unlock doors function via Mercedes Me app actually quite useful today.
A package I ordered was delivered to a neighbour of mine today while I was at work. They got in touch with me to say they had it but were going away and so I’d have to wait til they got back to pick it up.

I was on the phone to them so told them to walk to my car, I unlocked the doors, they left it in the car and I locked the doors again.

Job done.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Not really a tip but found the lock/unlock doors function via Mercedes Me app actually quite useful today.
A package I ordered was delivered to a neighbour of mine today while I was at work. They got in touch with me to say they had it but were going away and so I’d have to wait til they got back to pick it up.

I was on the phone to them so told them to walk to my car, I unlocked the doors, they left it in the car and I locked the doors again.

Job done.
Like it, although not something that you would use all the time. Don't think I would be opening my car from a distance. If you have this and a key, what is the point of having the NFC to open the doors??

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anybody know if the A-Class is fitted with tunnel mode. - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mercedes+tunnel+mode
Found this tip too last night but not had a chance to test it yet.

Agree about the concerns of locking unlocking at distance. I did get my neighbour to confirm doors had closed again.

I think nfc can also be used to give other people access to use the vehicle. You leave the key in the car and grant access to someone via Mercedes me I think. They open the car via nfc and can then use it as normal. Not sure if this is available in uk or maybe not just yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think nfc can also be used to give other people access to use the vehicle. You leave the key in the car and grant access to someone via Mercedes me I think. They open the car via nfc and can then use it as normal. Not sure if this is available in uk or maybe not just yet.
This is part of the advanced connectivity package, "Preinstallation for Digital vehicle key for smartphone", but requires an additional subscription, it appears, from day one.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Agree about the concerns of locking unlocking at distance. I did get my neighbour to confirm doors had closed again.

I can confirm that the Tunnel Mode does work as tried it lunch time. Great find!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

I can confirm that the Tunnel Mode does work as tried it lunch time. Great find!
What button did you press? Just tried it and doesn’t work. Did you have engine on or not?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What button did you press? Just tried it and doesn’t work. Did you have engine on or not?
My bad. For some reason I expected that button to open all windows and roof too. It does indeed close all windows and the roof.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mercedes me Help!

Does anyone know how to connect the Mercedes me app on my IPhone to the actual car. I’ve registered my car, but it keeps saying to enable features go to the portal, I go to the portal and enable it but still doesn’t work.

Any ideas please

·
Registered
773 Posts
Mercedes me Help!

Does anyone know how to connect the Mercedes me app on my IPhone to the actual car. I’ve registered my car, but it keeps saying to enable features go to the portal, I go to the portal and enable it but still doesn’t work.

Any ideas please
Just spent all day trying to sort this out for myself, including a call to Mercedes which was no help.

1. Use your browser to go to www.mercedes.me
2. Log in
3. Check your details
4. Select the options that you want (which will basically be all)
5. This is the one that Mercedes said I did not need. You need to verify who you are, your dealer should have done this but if it is like mine, the man who does it was off and it never got done, so you can either go back or use your phones webcam, just press the option in the portal and it will redirect you. You need to give your phone number and have your passport. They record the call, ask you questions about birthplace and date of birth, then you show your passport to them, waving your hands to prove it is not fake and they authorise it immediately.
6. Go back on the portal to make sure everything is turned on.

There are some things that you have to pay for, but they will not activate unless you give credit card details on the Mercedes store.

You then need to have your car running for 20-30 minutes to let the system set up the maps and telediagnostics.

Hope this helps. Let me know how you get on. My car is not parked near so I cannot check until tomorrow. (I have neighbours that will be jealous of a new merc)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts