Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Looking to order new A Class this week, probably white 180 sport.First time for me buying a new car so bit rabbit in headlights and don't want my pants pulled down on price!

Couple of questions - I know MB aren't discounting the cars at the moment but does this apply to the extras too. For example, Night Package/Sunroof/Parking Sensor? Would like to know your experiences before starting a barter with dealership.

Also does this apply to things like the Gap Insurance, the Minor Damage Cover, servicing etc or is it worth me trying "chuck in servicing and you've got yourself a deal" type stuff.

If anybody would be so kind to share their experiences and deals they got from dealer or how they went around getting the best deal, that would be brill. At least that way I know what sort of additions I can realistically try and get and how to approach.

Or does anyone have experience using a broker instead of direct buy from MB?Any thoughts? Again - new concept to me.

Thanks all and hope you are enjoying your cars in the sunshine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was a salesmans dream although there was no heavy selling no disc on car had nightpack ,mirror pack,alloy/tyre insurance ,guardx in and out that was the only thing i got a discount on i cannot even remember how much it was ,its always best to be a bit cheeky i did say i wanted a MB jacket i got that thrown in they retail around 90Bottom line i gave them best part of 28 grand and they gave me a Jacket Bargain

·
Registered
93 Posts
We got £350 off and a nearly empty tank of fuel! Had to virtually walk out to get that so dont expect too much. Check out Orangewheels (or whatever it is) and use that price to bargain but be warned they dont like dropping prices!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey,

When I was orderingmy A class I got them to throw in a free pano roof in and nock atleast a grand off the car. It wasnt much of an effort I put in as they accepted more or less what I wanted.

i ordered an E class and C class in the past weeks before I placed order on the A class. (E for pops and C for mum).

When we were buying the E class we was just sat there trying to haggle the price down as much as we could and I suppose the salesman just gave in and nocked off about a grand, asked for full tank and matts.

MB were not willing at all to help out on the pruce we litterally had to haggle like crazy. Where as my previousncar was a VW Scirocco and we got them to throw in servicing matts full tank and 1200 off the price without trying very hard lol.

I suppose if you just try and get them to knock off some money off the car and maybe try your luck with money off the options it wont hurt. The salesman told me that they can 100% not throw in servicing for free or even do any more deals on them.. dont know ifnhe just didnt want to throw it in or he was being for real.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this is helpful thanks peepschuckling at the MB jacket heliflyer!! NIce work there!

Mjbos - nice one, do you know anyne who has bought via orangewheels ever?

I bet they are your best mates Majad if you had ordered 2 other recently as well!
You mentioned matts - do they not normally come with matts then? Full tank is a good idea, these little things you don't think of when you're a first timer. It's good to have some ideas of where to start.

I am thinking I am going to try getting some dosh off the night pack (anyone had any joy with that?), and pano roof. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
For gap insurance I wouldn't bother with what they offer and go via ALA (Club discount here:http://www.aclassclub.co.uk/forum/discount-on-gap-insurance_topic5.html) - you can also get alloy, scratch, tyre insurance too if required. You should find it at least 2/3rds cheaper than what MB will offer you.

Serving pack is quite expensive and is usually added on monthly I think. Be worth it if you could get that chucked in... but don't hold your breath.. Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi all
Thanks for advice

At dealer again yesterday and as expected, little room for negotiation! Deffo no room on servicing either. Think I can get GAP and MD etc thrown in if I am pushy enough but - not really so bothered about these services.

Can anyone tell me if first years road tax is normally included?

Thanks Dan for ALA suggestion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts