Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is the question.

Whats everybody think? Im swaying towards de-badge.....

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wrong section, oooops!

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I did mine at the the dealers, looks cleaner with no badges

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jamiednm said:
What's the point in de-badging?
Whats the point in having a badge? Its just personal choice.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi all! I've asked for mine to be debadged. I also think it looks cleaner at the rear.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep, I am a de-badger too! Nothing to hide, just personally think the back looks better without them....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pick up wife's A180 SE on Saturday, I've just emailed the Newcastle dealership to see if they can de badge..like we say personal preference and all that!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Jonnyr said:
Dealer did ours, looks great de badged and apparently hot water poured over the lettering does the trick..!
Odd - if hot water makes the badges fall off, how are you supposed to wash it?!

Personally I prefer to leave badges on. I've de-badged a car for a friend before. Use a bit of thread to 'cut' through the glue behind the badge, then some tar remover to get rid of the sticky remains.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i ordered mine without the badges.

it's a much cleaner backside without the numbers and letters ...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm in 2 minds over this.

At first, I didn't even realise you could de-badge without doing it yourself, then I wondered why someone would do it.

But now I've seen pics without the badges, especiallyaguycalleddb's</span>de-badged AMG, I think it looks really nice.

I would only do it for aesthetic reasons - I couldn't care less about the engine size - I'm driving a super cool Mercedes, as if I'd worry about what people think of the cc of my motor! I noticed the lines from the rear lights continue on to the bodywork, so having both sides of the car clean looks a bit nice!

As my car is due at the dealers in just over 2 weeks, I guess I am far too late to get them to address this at the factory, so can the dealer usually sort it out for you when it arrives their end?

< ="utf-8">< ="utf-8">< ="utf-8">

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm a badger... (in more ways than one
)

in fact I've got extra badges...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello from Belgium.
I would like to debadge my new A class. Is it easy to do yourself?
Edited by: sazz

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes; arm yourself with a hair dryer ( NOT Your BOSCH Hot Air gun!!), Warm it up the letters GENTLY

Now take a bit of fishing line and CAREFULLY "saw" with it throught the glue/foam on the back of the badges, remove any remains of glue/foam with suitable solvent and maybe if needed give it a finishing polish with car wax

1 - 20 of 38 Posts