Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first post so please be gentle! I picked up my A class yesterday and feel rather pleased. It's the first car that I've ever bought on my own! Thought I'd register on here for some insider knowledge and mainly for some key details that the dealer didn't have time to provide.

It's a 59 plate Automatic SE model and has done 10,000 miles so there is no service history. When do you think I need to take it for its first service?

When I start the ignition a light comes on next to something that says "LIM" - do you know what that means?

As I type my lovely car is covered in snow - are there any features on the car that I should use when driving in snow? I don't have much experience of driving in snow so any advice gratefully received.

Thanks very much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Total Newbie, I guess I'm one of those too, so here are a few comments to get us both going!

I thought the forums were for the new A-Class as they are totally new and a bit of an unknown. It looks like you've got one of the 2009 models with a pretty low mileage for its year. You'll presumably have a recent MOT which should be some element of assurance it is in proper mechanical order. For your own peace of mind, it might be worth a main dealer service before too long where they will be more likely to pick out any underlying defects it might have. At only 3 or so years, chances are it's in pretty good order. They might recommend things normally done at the 3 or 4 year service intervals like various fluid changes, even though the mileage is not there. I've done similar for my car which is very low mileage for its year.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh and about the snow, best keep indoors. Even with a 4x4, you can usually make fair progress, but roads get blocked with those who can't, or have pranged, so there's little guarantee of reaching your goal. Hopefully it's all gone now until next year!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

1 - 3 of 3 Posts