Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sun Yellow A45s with plus pack.
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I can’t believe this hasn’t been talked about more but I finally had a go with the record your own track in the Track Pace app. (Putting miles on the car on a nearby dual carriageway lol).

Really made me chuckle when I had recorded the track and then took my first lap, the lap delta time and telemetry looks great but when the whole cabin glows green to show I’m going faster than the setup lap and gets duller green the closer to 0 I get, then flicking to red for a negative delta time is pretty awesome. It feels like a kids XBOX game 😂😂 good job I’m running in as when you start analysing your breaking zone times at the roundabouts you start to get carried away 😂

BUT :(

the fun stopped when... the track pace app just won’t authorise when I run through the setup, phone connects fine to the WiFi but the app just doesn’t connect. Running iPhone 11pro, tried an iPad and iPhone X. All the same.

anyone else had this work on their A45S yet??

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
I hadn't realised there was an AMG track pace app. So I have at least now downloaded it. The issue will be getting it to work without touching the phone when in the car.

Reactions: cooke71

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hadn't realised there was an AMG track pace app. So I have at least now downloaded it. The issue will be getting it to work without touching the phone when in the car.
Thanks, will be interesting to see how you get on, I have the ntg6/080 FYI

I believe the point of the app is to allow you to export and view the recorded laps etc rather than through the dash 👍🏻

·
Registered
97 Posts
my won't connect at all - thats connected to the hotspot of the car... I setup the track app within the car and go authorise new device, then on the iphone I load the app and it does an scan of cars and won't find the car at all... , and gives me another to scan again.. which I do - but still failure...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my won't connect at all - thats connected to the hotspot of the car... I setup the track app within the car and go authorise new device, then on the iphone I load the app and it does an scan of cars and won't find the car at all... , and gives me another to scan again.. which I do - but still failure...
Exact same for me.

mare you using an iPhone and what MBUX version are you on? Can try work out if that makes a difference.

An android user would be good too 🙈😛

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Thanks, will be interesting to see how you get on, I have the ntg6/080 FYI

I believe the point of the app is to allow you to export and view the recorded laps etc rather than through the dash 👍🏻
I now just have to find somewhere quiet which is the real challenge nowadays where I live.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Response from Mercedes eeek??

Hi,
First of all many thanks for your message via the contact form in the AMG Track Pace app.
At the moment your car does not have the necessary software fitted for the AMG Track Pace app to work. I have requested our app development team to check if this is retrofitable by a Mercedes-Benz retailer, once I receive a reply I will be back in touch.

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Response from Mercedes eeek??

Hi,
First of all many thanks for your message via the contact form in the AMG Track Pace app.
At the moment your car does not have the necessary software fitted for the AMG Track Pace app to work. I have requested our app development team to check if this is retrofitable by a Mercedes-Benz retailer, once I receive a reply I will be back in touch.

Well done. Let's see what comes back.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And another...

Hi,
Thanks for the vehicle info, this will help our app developers to look into this issue.
Once I get a reply from them I will be back in touch.

Kind regards
Your AMG Track Pace app support team

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Latest update...

Hi again,
Our app development team has come back to advise that your car unfortunately does not have the correct Head Unit Software version to connect to your smartphone app. They recommend a visit to your local dealership for an Head Unit Update. They will need to install the software version 819.7 in your car for the app to work.
I hope this helps but should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with us again via the in-app contact function.

·
Super Moderator
3,668 Posts
Thanks for this. I am assuming MB will update under warranty. I will look in to it in due course.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I find it strange that the track pace app has always been there and has a button and graphic to connect to a phone app but yet the software doesn’t support the phone app connection. It’s like they ported over the track pace app in MBUX from other cars but didn’t update the connection software to match it.

I did notice when reading all the small print, the A45 isn’t listed as a supported car in the phone app so maybe it was just overlooked, but I am sure the A45S does show up on the phone app screen when trying to connect.

“software version 819.7” maybe this is a different head unit module than the main MBUX? That interfaces with MBUX but that’s a total guess. Let’s hope it’s not FUP1 and we get a downgrade 😂 or we get the wrong car software and end up with a GTR startup graphic 🙈

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hiya - I noticed the AMG track Pack app has been updated due to issues connecting to the car - so I thought great it will work now... however it still doesn't connect..?

An anyone managed to connect using the app using IOS... the system is on FUP 3?

As I would love to import the brands hatch layout..etc..

Thanks

1 - 18 of 18 Posts