Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My software is pre FU1 and I am delaying the upgrade until MB sort out Personal POI in FU2.

I have noticed that my Traffic Sign Assist does not show a speed limit unless a sign has been past, obvious really but when setting off from home no speed limit is shown until I pass a sign which when in town might be for some time. This is different from other marques I have driven where the speed limit shown comes from the nav system and is overridden by traffic signs.

I note the satnav screen in FU2 shows a speed limit icon (this is not the case with my software), is this from the nav data?, and wonder if this corrects the above?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've just been looking at this:

Traffic Sign Assist

The camera and navigation data have the valid speed in their sights at all times – so that you have an overview of the current speed limit in the forest of signs. The risk of infringements is lowered because the system keeps you permanently informed. Not only is this more convenient; it also increases safety in everyday road traffic.

This 'seems' to suggest that the speed limit from the satnav should be shown at all times but overridden by the Sign Assist as needed. Does anyone have any practical knowledge of this?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts