Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I've had my W176 180d sport premium for about 2 years, and I've been wondering for a while now, if it has traffic sign assist, or speed sign assist available.
Is it something that comes with the sports premium package? Or is it more complicated than that?

I have an assist menu, but the hud just has a grey picture of the car with an arrow to go down, which takes you to the alertness. Similar to the picture attached.

I have the camera on the windscreen shown in the manual, but it doesn't pick up any signs at all.

Any advice on how to get it working?
TIA

Chris

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
As far as I can remember the W176 never had any sign assist available, the windscreen camera is for the high beam assist.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I can remember the W176 never had any sign assist available, the windscreen camera is for the high beam assist.
It states in my manual it does, it also has the high beam and wiper sensor next to the camera, as pictured. The second picture is all I see on my dash, it never changes. If my car doesn't support it, why have it?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,244 Posts
In my W176 that display was used for the Distronic Plus adaptive cruise control.

High beam assist uses the triangular camera, light and rain sensor is the smaller circular sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts