Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
forrester go and Enjoy your holiday if you and your family have a healthy immune system you have nothing to worry about vaccines and do not take a vaccine is made up of a baby fetus’s and mercury and bleach and what ever else they want to put into you go do your research on it
👊
Thanks. Fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
I’m by no means an anti-vaxxer, but I do agree with @Irish boy (maybe not about the mercury & bleach part ;)).

Covid19 won’t affect around 80% of us, only 20% will have some effects, most will spend a week in bed which sorts it, of that a small proportion will have bad flu like symptoms, of that an even smaller percentage will go into hospital, and around 0.9% (Source: ONS, IC, Spiegelhalter) will unfortunately die with an underlying condition.

Seeing as it only affect a very small proportion, I cannot in all honesty see why they wish to vaccinate 100% of the population, unless it’s to make Bill Gates even richer ;)

As for the mortality numbers - in 2017/18 England & Wales had an excess winter deaths figure of 50,100 (ONS) (despite the NHS offering ~25million people flu jabs) and nobody batted any eyelids.

That said, it is a new virus, and we don’t fully understand it yet, so as a society we should do what we can to reduce its transmission, particularly to vulnerable groups. If we don’t, we will see a upsurge in cases in the winter, similar to what happened in 1918, back then they didn’t know about social distancing and hand washing, so let’s learn the lesson!

To bring it back into perspective regarding driving your A45s - David Spiegelhalter said last week, that “If you’re under 50, you have more chance of dying in a car crash, than dying of/with Covid19”.

Links to 80% Asymptomatic

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Okay one more off topic comment from me.

As much as I detest him the real wake up call for me was seeing Johnson nearly die. If it was one of us we would have died as we would not have been rushed in to hospital the same way. He's overweight but he runs and used to cycle and as far as I can tell he is otherwise perfectly healthy. Basically with this insidious virus none of us know if we have a chink in our physical armour. And I have posted before my neighbours are medics and they and their kids all had it and it took around three weeks for one of them to get over it and their youngest who is about 11/12 was really badly affected. So for me I'll wait for the vaccine before I risk it too much. My son who is a real conspiracy theorist, and just like @Irish boy except even more so, is even more keen than me to wait for a vaccine before stepping out.

Anyway I sincerely hope none of us need to test out our beliefs and escape this rotten virus.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My wife and I are both asthmatics and although it's still considered mild asthma (intermittent asthma to be more precise), it makes even the common cold a little worse than the average person. By a little worse I mean there's a greater chance we'll require an antibiotic to get rid of bacterial bronchitis that we commonly develop as the virus dies off. We're on lifetime asthma treatment btw, which consists of inhaling a powder type of drug, that fortunately has absolutely zero side effects. It's believed it does very slightly reduce the efficiency of the immune system but it's nothing to worry about. Other than that we're perfectly healthy.

But it's not just us we have to worry about, it's our parents too. I dunno about you guys but we visit our parents fairly frequently, like twice or even three times a week and we won't know if we're asymptomatic. So to protect them we have to protect us. That doesn't mean we don't go out, of course we do. But we don't go to crowded places and if we have to we'll wear a mask, just like they do in Japan where masks have always been so common, long before the virus. Every summer we go on very long holidays, well this one summer we won't, no big deal. This summer we'll put on our bathing suits and take full-day trips with friends, keeping the 6 feet distancing. We'll bring home-made food with us and for once this summer we'll do something different, other than staying at a Westin resort for two weeks. You know "improvise-adapt-overcome" right? I'd say "assess (the situation)-adapt-enjoy". It's merely one summer.

I sincerely apologize for derailing the thread, previously I just meant to say that, given the present situation, I prefer to wait for next summer to get my Brabus tune and I might as well upgrade tires while I'm at it. I'll probably be the last member on this forum to get a tune, that's fine. More Brabus feedback for me. 😛 Like I've already said, it's not my fastest car so I'm not missing something I don't already have. Meanwhile I'll be glad to see your tuned 0-60 times, and 1/4 mile times if possible.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Sorry but wtf has happened to this thread 🤣
I entirely agree and apologise and take full responsibility for leading @Irish boy astray, which doesn't take much, and @veeeight is AI so the only virus risk he runs is if he's not updated his antivirus software.

Back to the real topic.

Now that the temperature has dropped 10c I'll see what happens when I take my car for a spin tomorrow.

Reactions: steve_3939

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I entirely agree and apologise and take full responsibility for leading @Irish boy astray, which doesn't take much, and @veeeight is AI so the only virus risk he runs is if he's not updated his antivirus software.

Back to the real topic.

Now that the temperature has dropped 10c I'll see what happens when I take my car for a spin tomorrow.
Its cool im new still so just getting to learn about the different personalities :LOL:

After lowering the pressures to 41/38 things seem to have improved but haven't been able to get a moment to really push it! Will report back

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Its cool im new still so just getting to learn about the different personalities :LOL:

After lowering the pressures to 41/38 things seem to have improved but haven't been able to get a moment to really push it! Will report back
Please may I ask what's your mileage. Mine is around 1,850 miles. I just think the engine will give even more with more miles so we may see it being more pronounced but at the same time we will probably be used to dealing with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yep that’s it ... very unnerving and really got me a bit stirred with the car. I was just getting confident with it and now feel a big knock back.

I didn’t have this with my R35 which is the only other 4WD car I’ve owned.

Anyone spoken to MB about it?
I was told it is torque steer by MB.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I just reduced mine to 41 and 38 and it does make a difference but what I also noticed, which surprised me, when pulling out in a torrential downpour to overtake an SLK which was barely doing 40 in a 60 limit, is that the torque steer didn't happen. So some slip actually helped stop it :unsure:

Reactions: steve_3939
21 - 36 of 36 Posts