Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intellectual problem with the trip computer. What is the difference between 'from the start' and 'reset'? Conceptually to me they are the same thing! Elucidation welcome please!

·
Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
“Reset” continues to accumulate trip mileage and mpg, for every journey you do, until you choose to reset that counter back to zero.

Some people choose to reset every time they brim their fuel tank, so see that mpg they get out of a tank, some people leave that counter running for the life of the car, so they see what mpg they get over say, 3 years.

“Start” accumulates trip mileage and mpg, for that journey only.
So if you leave your car overnight, it will reset the trip to zero for your journey the next morning.

There is a 4 hour (IIRC) counter with Start - so if you stop off for a 3 hour lunch on your journey, it will remember the previous ‘Start’ session, and add it onto the next part of your journey, after lunch. As long as your lunch doesn’t take longer than 4 hours!

In summary:
The values in the Start submenu are calculated from the start of a journey, while the values in the Reset submenu are calculated from the last time the submenu was reset .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks - yes think I have that... In your reply you say 'if you leave the car overnight...' Does start do every journey or every journey that day? And I assume I can reset them both independently? I notice in the Guide for my phone the talk about the left hand button on the steering wheel to reset. I assume this if for LHD cars as opposed to my (UK RHD) car! In other words reverse the sides!

Thanks so much for your speedy reply

·
Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
Yes, Start does every journey.

But if you do 2 (or more) journeys/journies, one after the other, within 4 hours, it will count those 2 (or more) journeys/journies as one (ie: it will add them together) :)

Yep you can reset ‘Start’ and ‘Reset’ independently.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there a way of toggling bewteen the two?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think so - i will check when i get to the car later this morning. But thanks...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just used the car. Got it all sorted. Thanks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The average MPG and speed on the trip computer "From restart" display seem to be stuck at 44.8mpg and 22mph, respectively. The
The car has done just over 1300 miles, and I have been monitoring the fuel consumption based on miles covered between each refill and the amount of petrol required to refill the tank completely. I have been doing this for the last 1050 miles, and I calculate the average consumption to 39.4 mpg.
The total distance and driving hours are being updated. Anyone experienced a problem like this?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm assuming you mean "From Start" and not "From Reset".
The Reset values has to be manually reset, while the Start values get reset when you car is off for 4 hours or more.
You can try manually resetting the Start values by pressing the button in when its on the small middle dial in the instrument cluster. I usually do a manual reset of the "From Reset" values every time i fill up.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm assuming you mean "From Start" and not "From Reset".
The Reset values has to be manually reset, while the Start values get reset when you car is off for 4 hours or more.
You can try manually resetting the Start values by pressing the button in when its on the small middle dial in the instrument cluster. I usually do a manual reset of the "From Reset" values every time i fill up.
Sorry, I meant 'From Reset'

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got my new B200 AMG Line Premium Plus in Iridium silver—it was certainly worth the seven-month wait and I'm loving it!

I've sussed out most things with MBUX but can't seem to find the constant miles per gallon average during a journey.

I've got the fluctuating consumption showing on the main screen, between the speedometer and rev counter. Is it possible to change this to give average fuel consumption during a journey?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There is a little triangle marker on the rotary part of the MPG indicator that shows the average MPG, it can be difficult to gauge the exact figure as the scale is quite broad i.e. 20 - 40 - 60 MPG.

For an exact average figure the only way I can figure it out is to resort to 'Hey Mercedes' and ask what the fuel consumption is!

·
Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
I've sussed out most things with MBUX but can't seem to find the constant miles per gallon average during a journey.
You need to find the "From Start" consumption screen, if you want consumption for that particular journey, see posts above.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts