Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been thinking of gaining some extra power and torque on my A45S even before I bought the vehicle. I had Rebellion piggyback on my FL 2018 A45 which was an impressive unit so I'm thinking of going down that path.
Sadly, Rebellion doesn't exist anymore and Matt who developed the system had Tricolor and now it changed to Willow Performance. Has anyone heard about it? Apparently, he has a new system check this out,
I was considering to buy Race Chip or wait until Renntech brings out their system. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,764 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Have a read on the previous A45 part of the site such as here. Rebellion parts poor service
But I'm not talking about Rebellion here!
I know what happened to them so all those comments are irrelevant to me. I have had their system for over 3yrs on my A45 and they have been great. In fact, Rebellion gave me a free upgraded system when the first module(v1) failed. Meanwhile, I must agree that I also had a little issue with their aftersale support in the initial stage but worked out to be good at the end. Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks. I also spoke to RennTech who are also ECU remap, I guess my big concern is being protective over the warranty. A box could provide an easy 'get out' where as an ECU remap surely is detectable even though DMS are insisting they provide unlimited call outs to revert to stock. Appreciate your thoughts on this?

As per my previous post Willow Performance have a box but personally dont know if they're reputable and well placed to do this type of thing or not....
this video might be worth a watch ;)

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Good post. Real eye opener. You always get what you pay for, or not in these cases, hence my choice of Brabus.

·
Super Moderator
2,127 Posts
Something didn't quite sit right with that Darkside Developments YouTube video, so I did some digging.....

Click link below:
3 June

Photos of the emails and Facebook comments are interesting!

TL;DR
They asked for a box for a specific model, changed their mind, fitted to another model even after being told it might not work, then threw DTUK under the bus when it didn't work as well as it wasn't for the correct / older model, which they were warned about.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
They didn’t reckon on Sherlock @veeeight 🤔😁👍

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hot d4mn @veeeight ! Great find! Food for thought guys, food for thought...
I wonder if they tested the RaceChip box on the wrong engine too.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Nothing from Brabus. I wonder if nothing will now be heard before September.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts