Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knew how to turn off the automatic handbrake when parking in a garage.

I have the 2019 AMG A35 and don't use it everyday as I have another car, so fun days and Sundays use only.

Its been in my garage and kept dry but when I go to drive out, the handbrake gets stuck on (physically), the car wants to go but the calipers have locked on to the discs (The parking light has gone out and you hear the handbrake being released). I managed to have a look and the rear discs have gone slightly speckled with surface rust, nothing bad but there must be a way of turning off the handbrake so that in park its fine.

Hope someone can help as I won't use it in the winter.

Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
if you have drive your car in snow or rain, before you park inside your garage, use some brake clearer to clear off those water on the brake pad and rotor, this will prevent rust to develop and make damage. i do this every time i park my car in garage.

but for my Mercedes A250, before i park inside long time, i use brake clearer and leave blower to clean water and brake dust. open the hood, to let hot air out from hot engine, and then drive in my garage. with a battery charger connected to battery. + a small dehumidifier will turn on when car is inside the garage. maybe i have done to much. haha, hope this will delay some expensive repair.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you have drive your car in snow or rain, before you park inside your garage, use some brake clearer to clear off those water on the brake pad and rotor, this will prevent rust to develop and make damage. i do this every time i park my car in garage.

but for my Mercedes A250, before i park inside long time, i use brake clearer and leave blower to clean water and brake dust. open the hood, to let hot air out from hot engine, and then drive in my garage. with a battery charger connected to battery. + a small dehumidifier will turn on when car is inside the garage. maybe i have done to much. haha, hope this will delay some expensive repair.
Thanks, that great, good idea.

If you park normally then open the door, turn on the ignition, pull the handbrake lever. It works without the handbrake being on, so much that the car now rocks to and throw slightly in park. Perfect.

I'll do the cleaner as a matter of course. Many thanks for your help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts