Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
CLA 45S
141 Posts
I love the way it looks and just before we left I had a few cosmetic additions done, grille, badges, spacers and brakes.
Looks so much better with everything in yellow! Brakes especially drastically change the cars appearance.

Would love if someone starting offering de-chromed badges with yellow accents rather than red.

Is that an OEM badge painted or aftermarket?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had my 45s for a couple of months now and having pottered about for 6 weeks getting the mileage up just over two weeks ago I took it off to Spain on an tour of sine of the best roads in Europe.

Over 8 days and almost 3000 miles in the company of some pretty exotic stuff it proved to be an absolutely brilliant little car for touring. It’s surprisingly fast in a straight line, exceptionally quick point to point and genuinely good fun to drive. On the mountainous and lower friction stuff it was magnificent, with cornering grip and relative small size such that it was possibly the quickest car in the company of several super cars in that particular environment. Above all else it was real fun to drive, so much more engaging than the previous generation I tried once.

I’ve been lucky enough to have several AMGs, all V8s plus a few other fast dailies and I was taking a bit of a gamble when I bought this one. i was worried it might not feel like a “proper AMG”. I now realise I shouldn’t have worried, it really is a very special little car and I totally get the vast majority of reviews have been so positive.

it also attracted a lot of positive attention from the various car spotters who followed us around and while it’s a massive chavmobile to look at thats all part of the fun. I love the way it looks and just before we left I had a few cosmetic additions done, grille, badges, spacers and brakes.

One thing I did find out is that under hard driving these are very thirsty beasts - mpg in the teens meant fuel stops came around twice a day.
Absolutely fantastic and thank you for sharing; I have a trip like this on my radar.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts