Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has the tyre pressure sensors fitted, at least the option on the dash tells me so & confirms that the pressure as being ok.
I assume these sensors are within the rim (maybe on the rear of the valve) can someone tell me when tyres are changed if I'm not present &the fitter just cuts off the valve what happens to the sensor? Also when tyres are changed & inflated to the correct pressure are the sensors re set by themselves?

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
94 Posts
Tyre pressure monitors are normally bolted to the rim where the valve is, as you guessed. Tyre fitters are well used to this set up so you’ll unlikely have problems when your tyres are changed. They can insert a new valve without messing with the sensor.
Once the tyres are fitted there should be a reset option that the garage will activate - it’s in one of your MBUX menus. I don’t have my car yet, so can’t tell you the details. Once reset, you normally have to drive a couple of miles for everything to get back to normal.

If the garage does screw up something during the tyre change you’ll be aware of it when you start the car as you’ll see an error code

1 - 3 of 3 Posts