Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any tyre pressure warnings? Mine have appeared on two separate occasions! After visiting MB yesterday they said the car is ok to drive? But to return Thursday to check tyres, a new tyre is £230.00. For 3 wks! Could it just be sensors? Another garage said tyres were ok?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Have you checked the actual pressures and then reset the tyre assist? One of my tyres had much higher pressure than the others straight out of the dealer. When the tyres warmed up after a driving a few miles, the difference got so large that it gave me a warning.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did check and reset the first time, the tyre pressures were ok. I blamed my husband and his weight! Lol! But it happened again yesterday whilst alone on my way to MB. They checked tyre pressure again ok, hence the check up Thursday! Will tell findings later on ! Thanks Legge, hope its only pressure gauge not a tyre already!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Check all your tyre pressures and set them right then reset your tyre pressure monitoring system.

Next time it happens (you get the warning I mean) manually check all the tyre pressures - see if one tyre is significantly down on pressure thus indicating maybe a slow puncture.

If all tyre pressures read OK then you must have a faulty tyre pressure monitor and it needs MB to investigate.

·
Registered
80 Posts
£230! Even for the Bridgestone runflats on mine they are £165, I know the Engineered has wider wheels but that seems excessive!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Lynne.. I had to have a new tyre after getting a bolt stuck in the drivers front side after 1 week .. tyre pressure indicators work great.. they did come on a couple of times after that but checked pressures all round and reset and been fine ever since..

& yep £235 for like for like contisport although I did get a discount & managed to get for 199 fitted etc, from kwikfit

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the advice! If I need a new tyre I will price the tyre elsewhere first! Hope it's the gauge!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not the gauge, BUT only a repair was necessary after the removal of a small nail. So I was a very happy bunny leaving MB!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Well that's good news in a way (bad luck on picking up a nail so soon). It shows the value of the tyre pressure monitor

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, the tyre gauge is certainly very sensitive! I will trust it next time and not blame my husband! Lol! Thought it might be his extra weight, ha, ha!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts