Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A warning sign came up to say that tyre pressures were low ,Question is it came up in PSI then went into the metric symbol ,I know how to alter MPH and all that but i can't get it to go back into PSI any thoughts.
Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the tyre pressures in the Mercedes Me app and it shows them in kPa which is no good to anyone this side of the channel. Trying to find settings to choose psi.
Bar is just divide by 100.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the tyre pressures in the Mercedes Me app and it shows them in kPa which is no good to anyone this side of the channel. Trying to find settings to choose psi.
Bar is just divide by 100.
you can just type it into google to find out where its at psi wise. Annoying that the app doesnt give you that option though.

·
Registered
108 Posts
you can just type it into google to find out where its at psi wise. Annoying that the app doesnt give you that option though.
It does, I just found it in one of the settings menus regarding preferred units of measure, along with mpg/km/l options and other units like power consumption rate.

·
Registered
83 Posts

The app does.

From the main screen.
Tap the settings icon that's near the image of your car.
Tap the profile icon at the top right.
Scroll down a bit.
Tap "Units of measurement".

·
Registered
225 Posts

The app does.

From the main screen.
Tap the settings icon that's near the image of your car.
Tap the profile icon at the top right.
Scroll down a bit.
Tap "Units of measurement".
Thanks, must adjust them now

Attachments

·
Registered
225 Posts
Incidentally the compressor reading did not correspond with the in car reading, I’ve pumped them up to correct level and reset the car

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has anyone else had a problem getting the right tyre pressures ,on my A200 it says if 4 to 5 occupants it 's 38 psi all round i have been to 2 garages to correct my tyre pressures but i am still getting 37.4 or 37.6 error messages saying to correct my tyre pressures i just can't seem to get it spot on ,or is there something in the system to set those pressures i have.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have a A 180 se auto 2018.
The tyre pressures notice in the fuel flap states, 38 psi front, 33 psi rear.
However, most tyre companies and google sites state, 36 psi front and 36 psi rear.
What do you forum members think is correct?
All the sites I have checked, and there are many, state 36 psi.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I guess the obvious answer is that the manufacturer should knows what is best for the car so provided you are using the STD spec tyre for the car I would start with these.

Having said that some people play around with pressures to find what suites them best but I just to use what it says on the car as I would forget what they are supposed to be otherwise 🙄

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Well of course there is also the counter view which is that the tyre manufacturer, based on the load characteristics of any car, should know what pressures are best for their tyre 🤣

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
The "optimum" tyre pressure for a particular car, or tyre, is a balance of several factors, including grip, handling, comfort, ride, speed, loads, fuel economy, emissions, wear, ambient temperature and conditions, road surface temps etc.

Thus different numbers from different voices, they all have different priorities, there is no "one" pressure that satisfies all those factors optimally, simultaneously.

A good starting point is the label inside of the fuel flap, although that will be weighted towards WLTP & fuel economy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys! I have an w177 A200 from 12/18 and I couldn't find the pressure sticker on the fuel cap! does anyone have a picture of it that I can use as well? its the 18inch wheel

1 - 20 of 25 Posts