Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discovered tonight whilst having the car on autopilot on a 3 carriage A road with a 50 limit I was in lane 1 the usual plethora of idiots insisting on being in the middle lane overtaking nothing. The Merc doesn’t care and just ploughs strait on. My Golf would bring up pictures/alerts slow the car down.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd noticed this as well as I was also used to the Golf's way of doing things. I turned off the adoption of new speed limits on mine as well as I was finding it picking up 70 limits when I was in road works with a 40 limit etc. (it would change it back from 40 to 70). I'd rather not have that happening!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shall take note - thanks for the heads up as not encountered that one yet.
I quite like Mercs way of ignoring idiot centre lane hoggers. Just wished it auto blasted the horn on the way through too :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I did about 450 miles this weekend and I'm now convinced there is something that stops undertaking, but not very consistently and there's nothing to tell you about this other than the fact you are not undertaking. The MB New Zealand page says this about "Distance Pilot DISTRONIC":

Active support on motorways.

Illegal undertaking on motorways and similar main roads is prevented by moderately regulating the proximity to vehicles in the fast lane.
Over the weekend was a lot of motorway driving and I noticed distinctly three or four times that it was not speeding up to my set cruise control speed with absolutely no one in front of me but with a car travelling more slowly in the outside lane. I was trying to look for anything in the instrument cluster to tell me it was doing this but didn't notice anything.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I turned off the adoption of new speed limits on mine as well as I was finding it picking up 70 limits when I was in road works with a 40 limit etc. (it would change it back from 40 to 70). I'd rather not have that happening!
I didn't know you could do this, could you please tell me how this is done

·
Registered
71 Posts
I didn't know you could do this, could you please tell me how this is done
So this is on FU2 but if you go to the vehicle settings then I believe there's a section for "Assistance" or something like that and in there it has the option to turn off adopting the new limit. I could get the exact section later if you can't find it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
So this is on FU2 but if you go to the vehicle settings then I believe there's a section for "Assistance" or something like that and in there it has the option to turn off adopting the new limit. I could get the exact section later if you can't find it.
Thanks for this, I'm on pre FU2 and have Speed Limit settings under Assistance but only warnings and not Adopt New Limit. Its in for some maintenance work next week so I will push for FU2 then and hope they have fixed the Speed Camera audible warning by then ?

·
Registered
544 Posts
As my very knowledgeable service manager (his words not mine :rolleyes:) has just told me this is not an option on any Mercedes it would be really useful if you could please tell me exactly this is in the menu structure.

I can't see why this wouldn't be possible because this is exactly how the Ford Focus works and its a great idea.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As my very knowledgeable service manager (his words not mine :rolleyes:) has just told me this is not an option on any Mercedes it would be really useful if you could please tell me exactly this is in the menu structure.

I can't see why this wouldn't be possible because this is exactly how the Ford Focus works and its a great idea.
Yeah sure, so on the centre console, press the vehicle icon for settings, then go to the "Assistance" tab, then scroll down to "Traffic Sign Assist", scroll down again and there's an option "Adopt limit" which can be toggled on or off.

Photo attached if he still doesn't believe you! My software version is "apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063". I guess you need to have Traffic Sign Assist (included in the Advanced Nav package).

adopt_limit.jpg

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yeah sure, so on the centre console, press the vehicle icon for settings, then go to the "Assistance" tab, then scroll down to "Traffic Sign Assist", scroll down again and there's an option "Adopt limit" which can be toggled on or off.

Photo attached if he still doesn't believe you! My software version is "apilevel/ntg6_fup2/063". I guess you need to have Traffic Sign Assist (included in the Advanced Nav package).

View attachment 4241
Many thanks for doing this for me. I do have Traffic Sign Assist but not the Advanced Nav Pack but I dont have this menu item. I do have something similar under Speed Limit Assist that lets you choose +1 to 5 mph but not the adopt speed limit feature. Rather than take over this thread I will ask the question in a new one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Many thanks for doing this for me. I do have Traffic Sign Assist but not the Advanced Nav Pack but I dont have this menu item. I do have something similar under Speed Limit Assist that lets you choose +1 to 5 mph but not the adopt speed limit feature. Rather than take over this thread I will ask the question in a new one.
I suspect it was just added in FU1 or FU2 then and one you have that you will get the option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts