Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just bought an A class 2013 A200 and I need to update my Becker Map Pilot sat nav. Bought an SD card with the updated maps on but when I get to the slot in the box to replace it there's no memory card in it? And nothing happens.The Sat nav works fine as it is just out of date (running V 2.5.27 14/19/00)
Can it be updated if so how do I do it

Thanks in advance
Cess.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Should the vendor not have responded to your enquiry yet, the SD card needs to be placed into your laptop/PC & the becker unit needs to be connected to your laptop/PC via a red coloured USB.
Better that you speak with the vendor first, however I'm sure this is how you update your Becker unit

·
Super Moderator
4,829 Posts
Hi all just bought an A class 2013 A200 and I need to update my Becker Map Pilot sat nav. Bought an SD card with the updated maps on but when I get to the slot in the box to replace it there's no memory card in it? And nothing happens.The Sat nav works fine as it is just out of date (running V 2.5.27 14/19/00)
Can it be updated if so how do I do it

Thanks in advance
Cess.
On my Becker I gave away with my A45 you just hook it up to your PC, go to the Becker site, pay the €50 odd and download the updates straight to the unit. I don't recall having an SD card.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Should the vendor not have responded to your enquiry yet, the SD card needs to be placed into your laptop/PC & the becker unit needs to be connected to your laptop/PC via a red coloured USB.
Better that you speak with the vendor first, however I'm sure this is how you update your Becker unit
Thanks Dave
He has responded and says something similar but more complex than your explanation. Seems a bit too difficult for me may look for someone to do it...he has offered me a full refund though.
Thanks very much for the advice Dave.
On my Becker I gave away with my A45 you just hook it up to your PC, go to the Becker site, pay the €50 odd and download the updates straight to the unit. I don't recall having an SD card.
That makes sense too as mine has no SD card in it
Thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yes once connected to the PC the process is more complicated but does work, I bought copied Becker updates from an E Bay seller & then sold quite a few of my own, have given up selling now as I didn't want to jeopardise my E bay account selling copied goods & I'd pushed my luck at that point :) Still have the version 19 update on my pc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts