Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I’ve always promised myself a Mercedes, and now that I have retired, I bought a new red 180 se. A couple of weeks ago, my Mercedes Me App, sends me a notification Of a collision, says it is only minor, with no indication of area of any damage. On inspection, I find a small crack in the rear brake lens. Obviously I’m not happy, but hey, it could have been worse, Right? Probably a shopping trolley, seeing as I was in a supermarket at the time.
Now yesterday, my cars parked on my shared drive, sitting there gleaming away in the sunshine, when BANG, my 90 year old neighbour, collides with the rear door Of the car as she try’s to park!
First thing I want to do is strangle her, but I don’t think that is lawful. Common sense prevails. All I can do is make sure that she isn’t hurt and ok.
Thats the decent thing, right? Well, it would be until she looks me in the eye and denies it all! After telling her that I saw her do it, along with another neighbour, she finally concedes! As I say, I’m UPSET, to put it mildly.
its now in the body shop being repaired!

·
Registered
990 Posts
@Greenjacket sorry to hear of your woes. Your neighbour sounds like a delightful piece of work...

·
Registered
990 Posts
Her driving abilities would not be the bit that annoyed me, it's her apparent lack of honesty and integrity that's the kicker. Old age doesn't give you a pass on that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s exactly what my wife said AThirtyFive. Perhaps I’m too soft!
Anyway, she’s written me a cheque for the quote I have, so I’m gonna move on!

·
Registered
35 Posts
So, I’ve always promised myself a Mercedes, and now that I have retired, I bought a new red 180 se. A couple of weeks ago, my Mercedes Me App, sends me a notification Of a collision, says it is only minor, with no indication of area of any damage. On inspection, I find a small crack in the rear brake lens. Obviously I’m not happy, but hey, it could have been worse, Right? Probably a shopping trolley, seeing as I was in a supermarket at the time.
Now yesterday, my cars parked on my shared drive, sitting there gleaming away in the sunshine, when BANG, my 90 year old neighbour, collides with the rear door Of the car as she try’s to park!
First thing I want to do is strangle her, but I don’t think that is lawful. Common sense prevails. All I can do is make sure that she isn’t hurt and ok.
Thats the decent thing, right? Well, it would be until she looks me in the eye and denies it all! After telling her that I saw her do it, along with another neighbour, she finally concedes! As I say, I’m UPSET, to put it mildly.
its now in the body shop being repaired!

similar thing happened to me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts