Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've moved this from Kev T's post as it was starting to interfere with his. I seem to be having a problem with my week old W177 as nothing seems to connect to any of the USB sockets. I'm using the C to A adapter as supplied by the dealer and when I connect a memory stick or my phone through it I get the message "no device connected". I've checked the fuse (123) and it is fine. The only thing I've done is to wire in a dash cam to the cigar lighter /socket (fuse 124) which is working fine. Can anyone tell me if I am in fact checking the correct fuse?.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've tried a couple of USB A leads without success and the original USB drive I tried was working when it was in my C Class. I then formatted another drive and copied the music files to it but no joy. I would suspect the drives if it were not for the fact that my phone is also not being picked up. I'm trying to figure out a way to check if the ports are getting power. I have a USB C drive on order but I'm not hopeful.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
As ikon66 says, connect a phone or other chargeable usb device & see if it's charging when the ignition is on. If it isn't there is a fault, if it is a usb C should sort it 🤞

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess its back to the dealer so as none of the hubs are picking up any devices ignition on or off. Not what I expected in the first week :( . Thanks to all for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do, I'm waiting on the USB C drive and a replacement phone at the moment. If these don't pick anything up it's back to the dealer. Have you tried to resolve the issue yourself?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will do, I'm waiting on the USB C drive and a replacement phone at the moment. If these don't pick anything up it's back to the dealer. Have you tried to resolve the issue yourself?
Yeah, i diffrent cabels etc.. i have ordered som new usb c connectors to see if it solved my issue.. i have a time at the dealer next week to get some other stuff fixed.. but i completly forgot to mention the usb ports.. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well we seem to be trying the same things. Hopefully two dealers in different countries should be able to sort it out. If the replacements don't fix it I'll book it in and will let you know what happens. :confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, problem sorted. The dealer did a diagnostic and said that fuse 170 was missing. I know that this is untrue as I had fitted a dash cam and checked this fuse as a possible source of power but found that it was constantly powered while I wanted ignition only power. (I eventually used 126 which was empty). They also tried to claim that I must have removed it myself but I stood my ground and they eventually did the work free of charge. In any case whatever they did the ports are working again, happy days!.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My USB-C port at the front near the cup holders hasnt been working in a long time, tried different cables.
Checked fuses, something like 123 125 170, all look ok.
Is there a part number for this for replacement?
Anyone had this issue?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts