Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I looking for a iPod that I can access (fully) from the control wheel. I have tried connecting a iPod Touch 5 but it saying 'accessory requires too much power'
I can get a USB stick to work ok but it's a bit of a pain to keep it updated with new tunes/playlists etc.
Has anyone had any success with other iPods or MP3 players?
All suggestions and comments appreciated.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I too would like to know this.

Does or can the USB charge your iPhone?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks JB, looks like I have to go buy a iPod!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a 160gb in the UK apple store JB - is that not the one?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I didn't realise they bought it back, they stopped making them a few years back, I guess it may have newer software but should be ok

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I ask you JB which generation iPod is it you using - I am just a little wary of the latter versions as I believe they quite power hungry like the IPod I have!!
I will but same one as you using to be on safe side.
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've an iPod nano 3rd generation plugged into the USB in the car, just using the standard audio it plays songs, shows titles and also album artwork..

·
Registered
109 Posts
Will my 500gb HDD work in the USB port?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jonnyr said:
I've an iPod nano 3rd generation plugged into the USB in the car, just using the standard audio it plays songs, shows titles and also album artwork..
Can you navigate through artists and folders as well, or just skip track?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I can just track skip with mine, however I put all of my iTunes on a USB stick and it lets me navigate through folders and artists.

·
Registered
318 Posts
aguycalleddb said:
I can just track skip with mine, however I put all of my iTunes on a USB stick and it lets me navigate through folders and artists.
I may be a bit thick but how did you get the music out of iTunes onto a memory stick? How big is the USB stick I'm thinking of a 64gb?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trouble with Bluetooth streamed music is you don't have proper access to files, playlists etc. only able to skip tracks forward or back. I really wanting full control by centre control nob :), mouse thingy whatever it called

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Worth a try but I doubt there be sufficient power from USB portLet us know though

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
64 gb fine in my USB but I really wanting to use a ipod so can keep it updated easier (ie just sync) rather than keep adding and deleting tracks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yep, I have my iphone 3gs bluetoothed to the car, apparently MB and apple have worked together on this, must have ...mine works.....only have a few tracks on there but works fine. Also loaded a usb stick with a couple of albums and it found that also.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Anzz said:
aguycalleddb said:
I may be a bit thick but how did you get the music out of iTunes onto a memory stick? How big is the USB stick I'm thinking of a 64gb?
I just dragged the files from my iTunes folder to the memory stick and job done
Edited by: aguycalleddb

1 - 20 of 26 Posts