Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had an email from someone at my dealership, saying they have looked at my current funding position and I'm in the optimum position to change... I've only had the car since March, wondering if this will be them wanting to buy it back

·
Registered
31 Posts
So it turns out the dealership just had their records wrong. They thought my old finance agreement was due to end, it actually ended in March.

No offer to buy my car back. I think deep down, I am a little bit gutted!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can’t believe my valuation 2018 Sport Exc.
£21450
£1500 less than I paid new, tempted, but nothing available that I want. Which basically explains the high price
I'm still tempted to sell mine, I'm thinking about it. Though it will mean getting something like a 10 year old Focus or something similar. Still, it will mean I'm not paying £290 every month!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am preparing my A35 for sale tomorrow and using the Motorway site to put it up for sale.
I'm taking advantage of the used car prices that are very rare in the car market at the moment and I don't need to look for a replacement vehicle because I can use the Mrs Merc B class and I don't need another car now to replace my A35 because I am retiring so the offer is too good for me to miss at the moment. One car is enough if I don't have to travel to work anymore :)

I will let you know how it goes and the price I get offered ;)
Please do let us know! I'm still trying to decide. It's nice driving a merc, it looks nice and it's comfy. But it's expensive. I can afford the monthly payments, but obviously I'd be better off with that 300 in my pocket each month. Especially if a 4K car can do exactly as I need - get me to and from work, shopping etc.

It's an opportunity I don't think I want to miss. Never before have I had a car that is worth about 3-4K more 7 months after buying...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did an online quote with them, it came in 1K less than what motorway offered. I just need to get the car cleaned and upload some pictures, and see what offers I get!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the update, I've still not posted pics of mine yet. It was in for a service yesterday, so it's all clean again at the moment. I'm going to try and get photos this weekend and see what happens

·
Registered
31 Posts
Interesting, thanks for the link. On the whole, very positive reviews. It seems that sometimes the dealer buying will haggle down on the price when they turn up to collect the car... seems a bit cheeky really since they buy the car in an auction. It would be interesting to know where you stand when that happens

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for all that detail! I didn't get around to getting photos at the weekend, and now there's bird crap all over it so I'll have to wash it again!

Does anyone know if there is any sort of guaranteed minimum amount the car will be sold for? It would be just my luck mine would sell under value!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have not heard anything from Motorway yet and I have emailed them again but so far got no response whatsoever.
I'm not sure if I have made an error anywhere when submitting the photo's and description of my car but the site tells me that I have completed the process and I can see the photo's that I uploaded on the site but there is no communication at all so I am at a loss as to what happens next because you can't contact anyone about the issue. No one responds to the phone number and no one replies to emails.

Maybe you will have better luck than I have had when you add your vehicle.
I woiuld be interested to know how you did it and any tips you may have for a successful submission.

JB :)
Did you ever get anywhere with motorway? I decided not to in the end. However I have decided to part ex my A Class for a Skoda Octavia. I was offered £19.5 K with just 16 outstanding on finance. The octavia I am getting is a couple years older, but low milage and in very good condition. Also my monthly payment will be coming down to approx 150 per month. Tax and insurance both significantly cheaper, too!

Interested to hear if you had any success in the end

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is the trouble, prices are up on everything unfortunately. For me though, I wasn't looking to upgrade. I just wanted something cheaper while we save for a house. My original plan was to sell and then buy something outright. But with my budget it was likely I'd end up with a money pit.

It may be seen as a downgrade, but I don't mind. Half the kit that's on my A Class I don't use anyway. And the new car has all the essentials (parking sensors, Bluetooth, dual zone climate etc)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Never heard of it, it's a new one on me.

I did end up selling my A180 a few weeks ago but I opted to part ex. Got £19.5K for it, the finance settlement was £16K. Ended up getting an Octavia. Not as fancy, but it's comfortable, more practical and half the monthly price. I don't regret the decision at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts