Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks! I had a quick look for a thread but couldn't see it

Motorway offering £22,800 for my A180d exec with 12,000 on the clock. No idea if that's good/bad but it doesn't sound as impressive as others making profits :unsure:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah had the same and managed to get a late 2019 build that hadn't been registered so didn't lose any functionality that I previously had. Paid of finance and got 2k in equity. Negotiated a better deal on the new car also. So sorted for next 3 years at least.

·
Registered
A200 Sport Premium
169 Posts
Crazy.

I paid £20k for a Jan 2019 A200 sport with the premium pack last October. I like it, but I don't love it.

Motorway say £24,200.

But what would I buy in its place?!

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Just did mine out of curiosity. Less than 12,000 miles. Only a couple of grand less than I paid for it brand new on 1/03/20. (20 plate)

Font Line Rectangle Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
66 Posts
Crazy.

I paid £20k for a Jan 2019 A200 sport with the premium pack last October. I like it, but I don't love it.

Motorway say £24,200.

But what would I buy in its place?!
This is my issue. Tempted to go test drive the Tesla Model 3.

Do Motorway haggle when they see the car or pics or is that quote pretty much what they give?

·
Registered
71 Posts
"Do Motorway haggle when they see the car or pics or is that quote pretty much what they give? "

That's a question that I would like answered as well, or is it the dealer that haggles with you on price?

The only other negative that I can see with using Motorway is that your car is collected and then within 24 hours you receive your money, I would prefer it the other way around so that I have the money 24 hours before they collect the car.
I don't like the idea that they take my car away and then decide how much they want to pay me for it, after all it's only an agreed price on the website and not a written offer as a guaranteed price.

I am still thinking of persuing the offer though because at the moment the prices for used cars is as the post states 'crazy!'.

JB :)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
"Do Motorway haggle when they see the car or pics or is that quote pretty much what they give? "

That's a question that I would like answered as well, or is it the dealer that haggles with you on price?

The only other negative that I can see with using Motorway is that your car is collected and then within 24 hours you receive your money, I would prefer it the other way around so that I have the money 24 hours before they collect the car.
I don't like the idea that they take my car away and then decide how much they want to pay me for it, after all it's only an agreed price on the website and not a written offer as a guaranteed price.

I am still thinking of persuing the offer though because at the moment the prices for used cars is as the post states 'crazy!'.

JB :)
The way it was explained to me is as follows:

Motorway auction your car, to do this you list your car using their app. Provided you describe your car honestly and accurately there should be no dispute when the car is collected. The listing process is very detailed and clear so all defects have to be declared.

If you agree to an offer the buying dealer sends transport to collect your car, the drivers job is to ensure that your car is in the condition you described and will report back by phone if he finds any discrepancies. Given the current strong used market provided you do not cover up any defect there shouldn't be an issue but as far as I know once the car is collected the price is fixed but check when you speak to Motorway

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
weve been offered 4k more than we paid on ours,its tempting to sell up,but as someone mentioned before all for sale cars have inflated prices too, probably keep benz as its first time owning one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've had an email from someone at my dealership, saying they have looked at my current funding position and I'm in the optimum position to change... I've only had the car since March, wondering if this will be them wanting to buy it back

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
Ask them if they've hacked your bank account 😀

·
Registered
26 Posts
So it turns out the dealership just had their records wrong. They thought my old finance agreement was due to end, it actually ended in March.

No offer to buy my car back. I think deep down, I am a little bit gutted!

·
Super Moderator
2,019 Posts
Just got message to say mines gone up over £700
Font Line Parallel Rectangle Pattern
Font Line Parallel Screenshot Rectangle

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts
The more you drive the higher the price gets 😂

·
Super Moderator
4,826 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Can’t believe my valuation 2018 Sport Exc.
£21450
£1500 less than I paid new, tempted, but nothing available that I want. Which basically explains the high price

·
Registered
26 Posts
Can’t believe my valuation 2018 Sport Exc.
£21450
£1500 less than I paid new, tempted, but nothing available that I want. Which basically explains the high price
I'm still tempted to sell mine, I'm thinking about it. Though it will mean getting something like a 10 year old Focus or something similar. Still, it will mean I'm not paying £290 every month!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am preparing my A35 for sale tomorrow and using the Motorway site to put it up for sale.
I'm taking advantage of the used car prices that are very rare in the car market at the moment and I don't need to look for a replacement vehicle because I can use the Mrs Merc B class and I don't need another car now to replace my A35 because I am retiring so the offer is too good for me to miss at the moment. One car is enough if I don't have to travel to work anymore :)

I will let you know how it goes and the price I get offered ;)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts