Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking in to buying magnetic vent mount and not too sure if these would work with the new W177's vents? Anyone got anything similar? The same brand are selling adhesive plates to stick on dashboard but I don't like the thought of that. Would clutter up the dash and look abit out of place. I only need it for long journeys when using Waze or when Mercedes doesnt recognise the address I'm going too. Any other recommendations?

The one i'm looking at atm is on Amazon 'Syncwire Magnetic Car Phone Holder'

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've tried something similar in my W176 before i swapped and it wasn't great, it very slowly slips off the vents. I haven't tried it on my 177 yet but have you looked at those cup holder phone holders? Probably not quite as tidy but they should work better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your feedback! Think I'll have to get CarPlay or just suck it up and get the windscreen mount on days I need it. Think the cup holder mount would be too dangerous with looking down at phone going 70+ on motorway etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have a look at Brodit.co.uk. I've used their mounts in previous vehicles and they're well made and last no matter how many times I put my phone in and out.. They come in two parts that you buy separately. One matched to your phone and one matched to your car and you screw the two together.

Admittedly, the W177 version doesn't look as good as some other but then I don't think they have many options. The picture on their website looks a bit naff but imagine it when it is paired with the phone holder and the phone and it will probably look ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts