Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive been potching about under the bonnet of my 2013 a180d amg sport,dont know why as i just had a service,all the lights came on re handbrake traction,so i asked not long back and veeight give me the answer all was good,today i changed the key fob battery on my set of keys only,went to the car,slid the battery cover forward and decicded to check terminal as its a brand new yuasa battery,any way i slacken the nuts off just enough to turn the terminals straight,then i went to the earth on n/s inner wing,undone the brass nut,lifted up the earth wire,give it a good clean up,whilst doing it the alarm went off on the car,i re assembled the earth strap,went to start the car,foot down on the clutch and nothing when cranking,i got the other key and that wont start it either,ive re traced what i did all looks the same,i need this car running as my old girls disabled and i gotta get there,anyone got any ideas have i blown a fuse?,if so where,on the sam unit it has a red plastic covering you can slide back,i assume thats where you jump start it?,is the connector supposed to be out or does get pushed back,clutching at straws,its exactly like your cars immobillesd,turn key crank and nothing

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
Yes you slide the red cover back and that’s where you attach the positive jump lead.

The negative jump lead attaches to the brass nut on the wing.

if you changed the battery in the key fob press lock 4 times and then unlock, sometimes it loses its sync to the car while the battery is out.

If it doesn’t crank you’ll have to call Mercedes recovery or AA or RAC.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its stuck outside my house like an ornament,
central lockings working,interior lights are working,side lights working,no maim beams,no leccy windows,sat nav radio work,open the door,no mileage on dash just red/orange p sign side by side theres no noise from the key as it used to do,i only took the brass nut off to give it a good clean and clean the earth strap,didnt expect all this hassle,it must have blown a fuse somewhere surely

1 - 5 of 5 Posts