Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2014 1.8cdi a200 blue efficiency, past couple weeks i have developed problems with the engine missing and the idle fluctuates, doesnt seem to happen all the time though, i notice it quite bad after a motorway trip and it seems like its lacking power in 5th and 6th gear but when i then approach a roundabout it is all over the place when idling, could this be egr or maf related? thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
My first thoughts are that it could be fuel related, Do you know when the fuel filter was last replaced? Most diesel engines run like an old tractor if the filters have moisture in them or are partially clogged & from your description the problem occurs after you've requested the maximum amount of fuel.
EGR problems seem to prohibit the engine revving above 3 thousand with slow pick up & engine dying at 3k.
Just an opinion good luck & I hope that you sort it out quickly

·
Registered
414 Posts
yes start with the fuel filter,drain the fuel out of the filter shine a torch in at the dregs look for any signs of shiny metal,if you see them sparkling theres a good chance you have knackered fuel injectors caused by contamination

1 - 3 of 3 Posts