Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I will also bring the car for the first service in early November. I will do this but I think they will think that I am the usual boring and they will not do anything about it

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Theres a lot of posts on here about the very same issue so I guess it's widespread although it is not affecting everyone so I'm pretty sure dealers must have had customers in with the same issue also.
No rattles for me. A220 purchased Feb2019. On the whole I love the car.
Love my A200 also, this dash rattle and the media screen randomly crashing are my only problems, apart from that the car is fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the A180 AMG Line Auto with Executive Pack. I too experienced an annoying plastic sounding rattle from the dash a month or two after first getting it. Very frustrating as it made it sound cheap, like a ford or something.

Good news though - eithet m it’s now gone or I’ve just gotten used to it and don't notice it anymore. Either way I’m happy because I can’t hear it!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the A180 AMG Line Auto with Executive Pack. I too experienced an annoying plastic sounding rattle from the dash a month or two after first getting it. Very frustrating as it made it sound cheap, like a ford or something.

Good news though - eithet m it’s now gone or I’ve just gotten used to it and don't notice it anymore. Either way I’m happy because I can’t hear it!
Oi less of that, my previous car was 65 plate Focus ST, you are right though. The interior was the only thing I did not like about the car, full of cheap plastic and rattles everywhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What means 65 plate? Not a native english speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A car released in late 2015 in the UK would have the registration SF65 XYZ for example, hence the 65 plate.

A car released in early 2015 would be SF15 XYZ

SF16 XYZ early 2016
SF66 XYZ late 2016

And so on

·
Registered
12 Posts
Theres a lot of posts on here about the very same issue so I guess it's widespread although it is not affecting everyone so I'm pretty sure dealers must have had customers in with the same issue also. Love my A200 also, this dash rattle and the media screen randomly crashing are my only problems, apart from that the car is fantastic.

There is a fix and Mercedes are aware of this for the dash rattle, I handed mine in and didn't need to take if for a drive as the technician advised it is a known issue and they applied the felt tape to it. The rattling was driving me mad but its now gone ! All done in 2 days !

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is a fix and Mercedes are aware of this for the dash rattle, I handed mine in and didn't need to take if for a drive as the technician advised it is a known issue and they applied the felt tape to it. The rattling was driving me mad but its now gone ! All done in 2 days !
Thanks, that's great to know that it's an easy fix. My cars going in for a service mid November and I'll definitely be mentioning the dash rattle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine had/has multiple rattles, mainly behind the dash. Last week it went in and they put felt around the MBUX unit that is behind the dash on the drivers side which seems to have resolved one. It’s going in Thursday and they’re keeping it for 2 days to take the dash out to fix a squeaky rattle that they believe is a loose screw right at the top of the dash on the drivers side. Apparently the screw doesn’t even hold anything and is sometime left loose and just spins and causes the squeak. This is going to be the third time it’s been in! Hopefully they fix it this time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, that's great to know that it's an easy fix. My cars going in for a service mid November and I'll definitely be mentioning the dash rattle.

My A 200 saloon went to Mercedes-Benz car repair office on last week and supposedly they fixed all rattles with some special glue but I’m not sure if it’s ok. The salesman of Mercedes dealer said that all panels are attached only with power springs and not with bolts. So they cannot do much about it. On bad roads I still hear a lot of rattles. I have AMG pack with 19inch wheels but is a Mercedes and is not acceptable

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m waiting for a new A200 but I’m a bit concern about some rattles, noises and poor build assembly and also some not very good plastics.

Can anyone give some thoughts?
Any experience, is it easy to sort it out?
O carro é fantástico e dá um prazer de condução imenso assim como tem um ambiente muito premium. Te faz sentir especial. Esqueces rapidamente dos problemas de menor. Se conheceste a última geração do classe A vais sentir uma melhoria da noite para o dia.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Got a tiny quiet squeak not a rattle, somewhere around the drivers area, think it’s near the air vent. Only had the car since Friday. 😡
Could it be as simple as expansion / contraction from heating or is it more likely the central London roads killed it this morning. 😜 my Focus ST sounded terrible with all the cheap plastic was hoping this would be far better.

Car is in tomorrow for hopefully just an Auxiliary battery replacement (no Nav screen display or phone charging)

Not sure I will mention it as dash removal is a **** of a job and I don’t want it removed so early on if needed to fix the rattle.

anyone had similar and know the possible location and a potential fix.?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mines is now in getting the dash rattle sorted. Was out with a technician there so he could listen to where it exactly it was coming from, he was unsure how long it would be in as it would need to goto the bodyshop guys.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Também tenho o mesmo barulho!
I also have that rattle, it seems that's from the speakers grill, I did put some foam and for a couple of days it sort it out, but now it came back, very, very annoying...

Anyone have the solution???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well my rattles are all sorted thank goodness. Dash rattle is fixed and they also replaced my centre console compartment and lid as they said they detected a slight rattle from that as well. Car was in for 3 days but they supplied me with a brand new C300 which was really nice to drive but I wasnt to keen on its lack of technology. No touch screen and you had to use the key to unlock and lock it. The seatbelt mechanism was pretty cool though. Anyway I'm now rattle free.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts