Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

First time poster here and it’s a shame it has to be a negative one.

I purchased an A35 Cosmos Black Premium at the beginning of the year.

I picked up my A35 in mid May of this year and it’s been nothing but poor since the start.

So far, the car has been off the road for a total of 3 months and seven visits to the MB dealership I have purchased it from and I just wanted to give an insight to my whole experience.

The day I picked the car up, there were scratches along the right wing and the passenger doors didnot close without a hard slam, to which I thought well, this kind of stuff can happen. But this was only the start.

I have had fault on the main screen which has resulted in five visits to the dealership to get repaired.

The rear splitter of the car fell off on one side to which the dealership admitted responsibility, two times it has been in for repair and there is still a gap between the splitter and bumper which I am still not happy with.

There have been numerous rattles inside the car whilst driving on smooth surfaced roads and the front passenger seat appears loose too. When moving it doesn’t instantly lock into place and moves forward or backward before it does so.

There was a fault on the back windscreen washer which meant the water was not coming out to clear the window and rather leak into the boot of the car. This resulted in another visit to the dealership, which hasn’t been repaired properly, now all of the plastic in the boot of the car is loose and does not match its fittings.

I am now on first name terms which pretty much everyone in the dealership, considering moving into the flats across the road due to how many times I have been in. The dealership are not interested in offering myself anything more than £1,000 compensation for all of these issues.

I put a complaint into the finance company who informed me that the car had only been in two times with a total of 21 days off the road and they agreed with the dealership. I went back to the finance resolutions team, explained I had emails to prove it had more visits than that and they did not include all of the problems I explained in my complaint, only one issue that was the screen, I am still awaiting a response from them almost a month later.

To say I am upset would be an understatement at this point. It has totally ruined the whole experience of what was meant to be an absolutely fantastic car. I have lost all faith in Mercedes Benz and I would never purchase one again. I have held back from posting on here, but I can’t help but feel I have to share what’s happened at this point

If anyone could share any advice with me I would really appreciate it. I have gone to the ombudsman too but they have informed me it can take around six months for a response.

·
Registered
116 Posts
In my experience you are likely to be fobbed off until you lawyer up. Big businesses can run you around until you run out of steam. Get legal advice ASAP and keep shouting from the rooftops until MB or your finance company pay attention and do the right thing. I took delivery of my A35 at the end of August and fortunately I have had no issues as yet, although I believe some initial build quality problems have been sorted on the later models. Or perhaps it’s just pot luck as some early owners on this forum have been full of praise for their A35s. Who knows? Either way, don’t give up. Good luck with resolving your dispute!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts