Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
A45s only then in the uk

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
depends on the size of the wallet involved, 380bhp is pretty relevant lol, £50k for a baseline S is a lot of money, with the none s not being available i can see a lot of 35's being bought

Reactions: steve_3939

·
Registered
3,149 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
depends on the size of the wallet involved, 380bhp is pretty relevant lol, £50k for a baseline S is a lot of money, with the none s not being available i can see a lot of 35's being bought
The base price for an A35 is just under £36k. £50k for a base A45S is one heck of a premium. 12.5% seems to be a pretty attainable discount on the A35 these days, so I would imagine discounts of 20%+ will be needed to shift A45S' once the early adopter rush is over, as the price gap between these 2 models is way too wide.

Reactions: JB-A45

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Carmagzine review asks the question I have been wondering about too. Why is the A35 and potentially other A-Class engines not also installed at 180 degrees if that is the optimum positioning.
https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/mercedes-benz/amg-a45/
The A45/A45S engine is in a different league performance wise. Turning the engine 180 degrees aids air flow management which is obviously needed for such a high performance engine. As for the lesser models, they obviously don't need that level of air flow optimisation and their default orientation is good enough and probably less costly to install I suspect.

·
Super Moderator
1,647 Posts
I think heat was an issue too. Getting the turbo behind the engine.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
The base price for an A35 is just under £36k. £50k for a base A45S is one heck of a premium. 12.5% seems to be a pretty attainable discount on the A35 these days, so I would imagine discounts of 20%+ will be needed to shift A45S' once the early adopter rush is over, as the price gap between these 2 models is way too wide.
I agree about the pricing comments and unless I get a significant discount straight off I will probably wait but the reason we have such a high sterling price is because of the retards who have caused our exchange rate to tank.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well indeed, but then if we end up with a no-deal Brexit (do or die 31st Oct - d1ckhead PM) then you may find an additional 10% tariff to deal with too.

Reactions: JB-A45

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Well indeed, but then if we end up with a no-deal Brexit (do or die 31st Oct - d1ckhead PM) then you may find an additional 10% tariff to deal with too.
Spot on sir!

·
Super Moderator
1,647 Posts
I have a budget of £60,000 to get one. There is no way I'm pushing up towards £70 if we get a 10% tariff ??

1 - 20 of 528 Posts