Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

201 - 220 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you scroll back through sport autos videos the A45s has even with the blip beat the M2 Comp, Toyota Supra and Audi TT RS..........and not far off the heels of the AMG GT R or Mclaren.....not bad for a little shopping car as some say.......

Once this CV19's out of the way the Green **** is my next road trip

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
You guys know that it's self-isolating when you're in your car. In my case I just need to start wearing the diesel gloves when filling up and carry wipes for after using the credit card keypad. And I guess keep the windows up even as the weather improves.

Certainly things are looking very serious on the C-19 front. Had to cancel our Australia road trip in May and June with my wife and her birthday party in April.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Not looking good. I forgot to mention 3-4 months ago I applied for and got invited to the Super Car fest in May.
i was invited on the basis I would have my car by then. The organisers said that although technically its not a Super Car it would add a big of variety to the event being a popular car.
got an email yesterday to say it’s been cancelled. The invited is still good for next year though. So just postponed I guess.
C3E27DE5-A2D4-4B5A-BD8D-489F477F22F2.jpeg

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
The M2C is a good car but I know that I'd want the A45s for every day of the year in the UK and not just when it's dry.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
AH's A45s on a dyno

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
It's good they flattened the torque curve which MB have deliberately made peaky. I guess a lot of things are on hold at the moment but I certainly look forward to seeing what Brabus come us with and also a flattened torque curve.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I’m only 8 mins in, and he’s already errored twice...

it’s not the same 4Matic+ system as the E63, the E63 can disengage the front axle, the A45s can’t. 4Matic+ is just a marketing term.

He’s also quoted the A45s as 421bhp, no, it’s 421PS.

or a “microphone” picking up the engine sound 🤦‍♂️

And don’t get me started about when he talks about “up to 100% to the rear” 🙄

😂😂

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
And he has his own E63s coupe so he's under selling that.

But the 4matic+ in the A45s does have quite an expensive and sophisticated bit of rear wheel torque swapping kit compared to the A35 or the A45 non-s version, where it is an option in countries the model is sold.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I’m only 8 mins in, and he’s already errored twice...

it’s not the same 4Matic+ system as the E63, the E63 can disengage the front axle, the A45s can’t. 4Matic+ is just a marketing term.

He’s also quoted the A45s as 421bhp, no, it’s 421PS.

or a “microphone” picking up the engine sound 🤦‍♂️

And don’t get me started about when he talks about “up to 100% to the rear” 🙄

😂😂

are you 100% sure mate

I thought the S was indeed 421 bhp

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
are you 100% sure mate

I thought the S was indeed 421 bhp
Yep

see

Even on RBR’s video, he shows the power chart 310kW, which by the correct conversion, is 421PS.
(I have no idea how MBUK manage to make 310kW equate to 421bhp, that’s what happens when you let marketing gurus provide the info for brochures !)

The A45 non “s” version gets 285kW, which is 387.5PS, or 382bhp.

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
While we're here talking about measurements. Any idea how we can get the tyre pressures gauge to measure in a unit we can recognise understand, excluding you of course veeeight, such as psi or bar.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
🤣🤣

You can’t ordinarily, it can be changed but only if you have access to Xentry/Star diagnostics.

A workaround is to view your pressures on your Me app, where you can choose the units to display.

But kPa to bar is really easy, just move the decimal point two places!

eg 290kPa = 2.9bar

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Thanks for that.
So do you think MB would change it to psi if I asked them.

201 - 220 of 250 Posts