Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

221 - 240 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Thanks for that.
So do you think MB would change it to psi if I asked them.
I very much doubt it, firstly, policy, secondly, their dealer Xentry system won’t have the “development” tab on it so is more locked down than a unsanctioned version.

·
Registered
148 Posts
What are the recommended pressures in psi per corner ?

I know it’s on the flap or something but it’s in the garage & just want to check how they compare against the app.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
F41 B37 off the top of my head.

Putting it in KPA, if I have the letters correct, doesn't mean anything to anyone other than veeeight.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Come on ... psi is the norm !

just checked and mine are set for a full load so I will let out a bit of pressure & that should make the tyres a tad more supple.

looks like I can drop them to 41 & 38

C701A5D3-DA42-4399-AC47-95C26DD8A0BE.jpeg

·
Registered
280 Posts
I’m only 8 mins in, and he’s already errored twice...

it’s not the same 4Matic+ system as the E63, the E63 can disengage the front axle, the A45s can’t. 4Matic+ is just a marketing term.

He’s also quoted the A45s as 421bhp, no, it’s 421PS.

or a “microphone” picking up the engine sound ?‍♂

And don’t get me started about when he talks about “up to 100% to the rear” ?

??
Hi veeeight I can feel your pain not getting out in your A45S export her over to me and I will help out a few miles on the car ?
Keep calm

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
What's the SI unit.

My daughter's Mini shows pressure in bar.Which is the metric version as far as I was aware.

To our Australian friend AMGA45JT. Do you use kpa or bar/psi as you guys have gone totally metric for decades.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
What's the SI unit.

My daughter's Mini shows pressure in bar.Which is the metric version as far as I was aware
Nah. Pascal is the SI unit for pressure.
(1 Pa = 1 Newton of force per metre squared)

bar is a metric unit, but is not part of the International System of Units (SI).

eg: Angstrom is a metric unit of length, but metre is the SI unit for length.

Hi veeeight I can feel your pain not getting out in your A45S export her over to me and I will help out a few miles on the car ?
Keep calm

haha I noticed your advert for your W176 A45 said “One Lady Owner”

? ?

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
While in lock down we can all get educated and learn a dozen new languages. So psi/bhp/lbs ft/mpg it is still after all that diversion. Nothing new in the SI units learn them all for physics A level just the imperial measures are what most of us in the UK understand and use.

Slightly tangentially we were discussing on the FT site against a story on petrol prices in the US and the FT had quoted per litre whereas it's per US gallon there. And it's down as low as $1 per gallon in some areas now.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Did you know a US Gallon is different to a UK (Imperial) Gallon too?
:p

That’s why usage of the SI units is the least confusing, no need for all those pesky bhp or hp conversions from kW ?

I drove past Asda a couple of days ago, unleaded 95 was 102p per litre!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nah. Pascal is the SI unit for pressure.
(1 Pa = 1 Newton of force per metre squared)

bar is a metric unit, but is not part of the International System of Units (SI).

eg: Angstrom is a metric unit of length, but metre is the SI unit for length.

haha I noticed your advert for your W176 A45 said “One Lady Owner”

? ?
Yes it’s the wife who does the driving I clear the cobwebs out and put the fuel in
So that covers for one lady owner do u not think
Apart from that are you planing on doing away with your OPF and cat on your car ? One of the guys on here leaving the car down to milltek who are making exhaust for him and to sell on it’s bound to make serious good gains without the OPF and cat and a remap is there anything else u would advise to take of the standard exhaust for more sound ?
Ps had to put fuel in her today again

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I tend to keep my cars mostly stock (boring, I know) save for a bolt on tuning box here and there. Ofc a map is much better. Disappointed with the exhaust noise due to the new regs, but I don’t think I’m gonna be taking an angle grinder to it anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I thought you were getting an A35 veeeight.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Chris Harris

(don’t read if you don’t like negative reviews)

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
This is just a rehash of his A45s review from the took took lover.

221 - 240 of 334 Posts