Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

321 - 340 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Theo I will eat my words if you get the Dms map in your car and think you can forget about linear feels Boring to me you won’t have time to think about it the performance is unreal everybody needs it in there A45S
how I knew it was really fast when my 6 year old son said to me holyfeck daddy this is fucking quick !
mr draggy being posted tomorrow should have for Tuesday

seriously thinking about ordering the de cat and opf delete Tommorow morning From iPE
does anybody know who the company in italia brs Motorsport were they got there downpipe for there stage 1 a45s
it will break my heart to pay nearly £1400 for front downpipe was going to bust my own one up but Mercedes said it will cost 2k replace it
milltek are making one buy won’t be ready till July will they all be the same mad money for a front downpipe ?
I'm afraid we don't have a lot of tuning options for this car over here, except a few local custom tuners that haven't developed anything yet. No DMS here either. So I've decided to stick to plug n play tunes, such as Brabus, and I might get away with keeping my warranty too. I did talk to my salesman about it when I picked up the car, and although he said that even Brabus will void my warranty, there could be room for maybe a stage 1 tune. But he gave me the impression that officially I won't be covered. So I'm afraid I'm gonna have to live with smaller gains, nothing like DMS's 490hp and 610nm. Probably like 460hp and 540nm, which let's be honest, it's not too shabby either. I'm gonna let Forrester get his first, since he's familiar with their tunes and is obviously not hesitating, while on the other hand I've never had a Mercedes before, and if feedback is good I'll get her tuned next Summer (2021).

Isn't the next version of the a45s coming with the electric booster motor which should pump up the bottom end torque. This is what's also planned for t h e new c63s, but I would suspect the a45s may get the toned down version to avoid too much competition with bigger brother.
Zash I am sure you are right MB will detune the A45 engine compared to the C63. Which will be annoying and a potential turn off to buying the FL A45s.
I'm not so sure MB will "respect" the bigger brother. I remember reading something about MB not being so passionate about maintaining hierarchy like VW/Audi does like it's their holy bible or something. Think they're more concerned about what RS3 does, which according to many sources is expected to get a significant bump to 444hp. I sure hope it does, cause that will put the pressure on MB.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Theo you’re going to get an offer shortly from Irish boy to sort out your air freight 😁👌

Reactions: Theo

·
Registered
134 Posts
LOL

·
Registered
2,598 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
He’s AI

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

·
Registered
waiting on A45sPlus Patagonia Red
77 Posts
interesting,
Additionally, the new model also gets a new configurable head-up display to keep your vision on the road during spirited driving.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
A45s wasn’t disgraced. A tune and the A45s would be right up there with the BMW in 4 wheel drive mode. The first drag with the BMW in rear drive mode I thought WTF I didn’t expect the A45s to be that quick!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #337
A tune and the A45s would be right up there with the BMW in 4 wheel drive mode.
But then a tune of the 4.4 V8 and the BMW would be a different league again. Anyway it was a pointless contest pitting a 50k AMG against a 120k M car.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #339
Pointless was the wrong word. Unfair comparison is what I should have said. I think most people would have correctly guessed the result even before this drag race took place. The A45S is a mighty bit of kit, but it’s of course not the last word in performance. With that said, I agree with @Forrester, it wasn’t disgraced.

Reactions: steve_3939

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
227 Posts
Going this road " i can tune this and that for that money " can be said to everything. For example u can tune B class car like Polo or A1, mount 5 L even inm back seat ( :D ) and can leave heavy car in the back :)
As A35 wrote unfair but looked fun as it should and be able to give +1 and subs to the channel :) I watch carwowo since 2-3Y and they miss good braking test ( with Racelogic ), some track comparison, moose test ( like km77 ) and slalom with G meter

321 - 340 of 386 Posts