Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

481 - 500 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Will you accept a picture of a 600LT ?

Mine is both reliable and a little grubby

:):cool:
We're not accepting pictures of a mear £187k when new that's for sure ;)

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
😂 😂 😂
I see @veeeight secretive AI has gone VPN to fool us about his holiday location (the US flag next to current location) and any quarantine requirements.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
As I said I've never seen a dirty McLaren 720S now I'll add a 600LT to it ;)

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Very complementary about the A45s. The Sun putting 3 grannies in the driver’s seat is probably an idea from watching Matt Watson getting his mum to drive some fast cars.

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
More likely it’s M-B World’s idea after Max Verstappen’s latest comments about driving like a grandma.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
The sun article also reminded me that I along with many of us have my free AMG experiences to book yet.

Reactions: steve_3939

·
Super Moderator
1,647 Posts
The sun article also reminded me that I along with many of us have my free AMG experiences to book yet.
Forgot about that. I gifted mine to my son last time, as i will again. He just wanted to make sure they have the 45s there and not last model FL.
the last time they only had pre FL to drive even though mine was one of the earlier FL’s

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
I’m booked in for mid Sept, you have to wear a mask in the car along with the instructor, Gull Wing restaurant is closed, but cafe is open.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I'm going to hold off as I want to stay somewhere overnight and make an occasion of it or I might do the same as Steve and gift it to my son for his big birthday next year.

Reactions: Pieman

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
I'm going to hold off as I want to stay somewhere overnight and make an occasion of it or I might do the same as Steve and gift it to my son for his big birthday next year.
Be sure to ask them of any time limit in taking up the driving experience!

It does say in the brochure that it must be taken within 6 months of delivery, but due to Covid19 they have obviously extended this, but it might still have some sort of time limit on taking up the offer.

I remember the W176 A45 experience was 3 hours, and we got to drive the A45 and C63, but the current offer to an A35 owner is 1 hour in an A35.
Would be interesting to see what they offer A45s owners.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the time limit. I will call them :oops:

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts

He is wrong about his description of a LSD in the rear axle though. It’s a dual multi plate clutch unit (similar to the GKN Twinster), not a (traditional) LSD.

Also mis-described are the “LED Headlights with High Beam Assist”.

Bit light on the accuracy, this review.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Top speed is also not 155 mph it's 270 kph circ. 168 mph. Although fairly academic for UK purposes. But if I didn't own an A45s hearing all these inaccuracies I wouldn't trust anything he says.

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
It's a shame, Dan Prosser was quite good during the Evo days (he might still even write for them).

481 - 500 of 528 Posts