Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

561 - 580 of 612 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #561
I guess that’s what Black Series is all about - niche. If it were to ever materialise, it would be a twice the price of an A45S+ if the GT pricing is anything to go by. It’s a track day weapon, so not aimed at daily use and practicality. Therefore it’s appeal is limited, but if you’re in the small band of people who want one, well then you just simply want one and I’m sure there will be takers. Shmee150 for example...

Reactions: Forrester and RSK21

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
As long as production is kept limited to small number of cars, I could even see this being a fine investment

·
Registered
62 Posts
I guess that’s what Black Series is all about - niche. If it were to ever materialise, it would be a twice the price of an A45S+ if the GT pricing is anything to go by. It’s a track day weapon, so not aimed at daily use and practicality. Therefore it’s appeal is limited, but if you’re in the small band of people who want one, well then you just simply want one and I’m sure there will be takers. Shmee150 for example...
I’m with you on this

If A45s Black sees the light of day it won’t get bought because it’s an A45 it’ll be because it’s a Black Series.

similar kind of positioning to things like the Jag Project 8 or Alfa Giulia GTA - these aren’t just enhanced versions of the base car they are a whole different proposition and will end up being bought by people who have several vehicles rather than as a primary one for day to day use.

·
Super Moderator
3,506 Posts

He nearly loses it around 2.55 and then near the end.

·
Registered
CLA 45S
187 Posts
Chris Harris talks more about his Instagram post regarding the A45s:

24:25 - Initial impressions of a development car

27:55 - Impressions of the final product

·
Super Moderator
3,506 Posts
Well Chris Harris seems to have changed his mind about the A45s when finally available on the road, but considers it too expensive.

Reactions: AMGSingapore

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well Chris Harris seems to have changed his mind about the A45s when finally available on the road, but considers it too expensive.
Shame he didn't really go into much detail about what he now likes about it.
Anyway it is irrelevant if he loves it or hates it,if the buyer is happy then that’s all that matters.
I don't know about you guys but i buy what I like,not what others like.

·
Super Moderator
3,506 Posts
He was going to but got talked over.

Reactions: steve_3939

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #569
On the topic of hot hatches getting to be too expensive, that argument can be made regarding all performance cars really. They have all got much much more expensive over the years.

·
Super Moderator
3,506 Posts
On the topic of hot hatches getting to be too expensive, that argument can be made regarding all performance cars really. They have all got much much more expensive over the years.
In fact all cars since sterling tanked 4 years ago.

Reactions: RSK21

·
Registered
156 Posts
Anyway it is irrelevant if he loves it or hates it,if the buyer is happy then that’s all that matters.
I don't know about you guys but i buy what I like,not what others like.
Agreed its irrelevant. Buy and drive what you like and love (or want to experience - even if you end up selling it in the end). Life is too short!

Reactions: Pieman and MGL

·
Super Moderator
3,506 Posts
£180k seriously. The A45s and a tune any day.

·
Super Moderator
3,506 Posts
I found it a bit difficult to work out all the various drag races as my Italian is more or less zero but clearly the tune on the A45s is exactly what our boy needs to really come alive given it's quite significant weight.

·
Super Moderator
3,506 Posts
I really thought the Alfa would walk over our boy. Good job it was Matts mum in it.

561 - 580 of 612 Posts