Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
That last video may be the answer. The handles are half body colored and half chrome, I think same as your old A45 Mike, and that combination is pretty hard to notice because of the reflection. And that's a good thing, to my surprise (being that I don't like chrome details) they actually look nice and classy. If the whole handle was chrome, it would stand out way too much. Thanks for posting all these videos Steve.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Where the heck did cockney Tony turn up from. A real bundle of joy. Does he really sell cars. Emphasis on the sell.Never buy the AH A45s without decontamination after Tony wiping his nose with his hand and then putting it back on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Where the heck did cockney Tony turn up from. A real bundle of joy. Does he really sell cars. Emphasis on the sell.Never buy the AH A45s without decontamination after Tony wiping his nose with his hand and then putting it back on the steering wheel.

Tony is a regular on quite a few of the other YouTube motoring influencers channels, for example, here he is on Paul Wallace’s latest video:

And on TGE TV’s channel:

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I see what you mean 😁.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
"Thanks to the prevalence of the lesser AMG-Line trim, it could easily be mistaken for a car worth half its asking price"

This line from the blog is very true if it were not for the full fat AMG panamericana grille.

I understand that MB have plans to roll the grill out to non one man one engine AMGs. This will be an exercise in shooting oneself in the foot and I would just ask MB to stop and think again about doing so as otherwise that line I have quoted will be all too true and people like me will question why we should bother buying one of their top flight machines when we could get one which looks identical for half the price.

·
Registered
80 Posts
"Thanks to the prevalence of the lesser AMG-Line trim, it could easily be mistaken for a car worth half its asking price"

This line from the blog is very true if it were not for the full fat AMG panamericana grille.

I understand that MB have plans to roll the grill out to non one man one engine AMGs. This will be an exercise in shooting oneself in the foot and I would just ask MB to stop and think again about doing so as otherwise that line I have quoted will be all too true and people like me will question why we should bother buying one of their top flight machines when we could get one which looks identical for half the price.
I think MB are assuming that their customers are buying the car for their own enjoyment rather than for others to look at it and go “wow thats a proper one man one engine AMG”.

Most people that would be impressed by an a class won’t know the difference between any of the grills or exhaust tips or wheels.

The competition being Audi and BMW are pretty much doing the same thing too so even if we throw our toys out of the pram what choice do we actually have?

In this day and age, there are super cars plastered all over social media so an A35/45 or a bloody A95, is not going to impress anyone... it’s best to buy it for your own pleasure rather than worry about what the grille at the front represents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts

Forester anybody Who knows nothing about cars ie 35 or 45s would completely see the difference in both them from front view side view completely two different cars take the grille of the 45s and put on the old 45 grille and you would still see a big difference looking at a45S .
a35 at the front looks like a standard A class in my opinion it doesn’t grab u like a 45S

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hampshire Photography might put out a youtube video tomorrow evening (Sat) of the A45s down at Goodwood......................, couple of nice pics on his instagram

·
Registered
162 Posts
Auto Express Feb 2020

why can’t somebody show us how these things drift could u not of done a lap in drift mode?.
dying to see the ordinary man doing it side ways
you said there a piece of piss to drive in drift mode i have my doubts about that watching any clips of people trying to any clips we seen from the amg day out in Spain they used the same clip for everybody
I have 2-3 weeks till mine comes but I will deff get some clips up of drifting
lovely machine by the way best of luck with her and fare play for letting somebody else take her up to 143mph👌

141 - 160 of 163 Posts