Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

161 - 180 of 250 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
why can’t somebody show us how these things drift could u not of done a lap in drift mode?.
dying to see the ordinary man doing it side ways
you said there a piece of piss to drive in drift mode i have my doubts about that watching any clips of people trying to any clips we seen from the amg day out in Spain they used the same clip for everybody
I have 2-3 weeks till mine comes but I will deff get some clips up of drifting
lovely machine by the way best of luck with her and fare play for letting somebody else take her up to 143mph👌
Drift mode hasnt opened up (needs a few more miles!!!!) otherwise we'd have had some footage.............Luke (Hampshire Photography) was braking early and not to hard...........so could easily have seen the 148mph - 150mph.....

My dad took the car out (he's very used to driving on tracks / snow / ice etc....) and I really didnt want to watch as he was lapping way quicker than me and Luke..., There was an M2 Comp and S3 that gave up trying to chase........(well the S3 actaully had an Off..........all were ok however came into the pits and wanted to know who was driving it).....Some old Bloke LoL.....

·
Registered
51 Posts
On the AMG Track Pace logging "Old Boy" was was on average 8 Seconds a lap quicker, More scary was my best friend who went out with him said he was chatting away like it was a trip to the slopes whilst he himself was struggling to get his head around the whole dynamics of how the car was doing what it was.........

My dad did say that after about 6 laps the front passenger side had gone a little soft and maybe some Cup tyres would be better........... (to say all the tyres were a tad tacky was an understatement!!)

I know i'm going to sound super biased however i'm so glad i went for the A45s as so nearly went for a M2 Comp

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Steve,

Quick jet and dirt literally falls off..............wish it had been around a couple of years ago as rather be driving than cleaning

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looking stunning so what all did they do to it to bring it up that good
We asked MB not to prepare outside of car......and xrove car home and then next day to Freshlayers..

Don't quote me on exact....

External

Jet washed.
Snow foamed
2 Stage wash
Paint correction
Polish
Pre coat
Ceramic top coat
Baked.

Wheels off and alloys / calipers

Jet washed
2 stage wash
Corrections
Pre coat
Ceramic top coat

Internal

Cleaned
Ceramic coating through out..

I'm sure I'vd probably missed lots however really impressed with results and so much easier and less time spent cleaning...........more time driving now (oops more fuel).

Like the lifetime warranty which can be transferred if we ever move on.............

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
We asked MB not to prepare outside of car......and xrove car home and then next day to Freshlayers..

Don't quote me on exact....

External

Jet washed.
Snow foamed
2 Stage wash
Paint correction
Polish
Pre coat
Ceramic top coat
Baked.

Wheels off and alloys / calipers

Jet washed
2 stage wash
Corrections
Pre coat
Ceramic top coat

Internal

Cleaned
Ceramic coating through out..

I'm sure I'vd probably missed lots however really impressed with results and so much easier and less time spent cleaning...........more time driving now (oops more fuel).

Like the lifetime warranty which can be transferred if we ever move on.............
how much?

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
If we unfortunately suffer any bodywork damage I wonder if the insurance company will also redo any treatments we have. And also will the bodywork match up.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If we unfortunately suffer any bodywork damage I wonder if the insurance company will also redo any treatments we have. And also will the bodywork match up.
Id think with the receipt and warranty card they'd have a struggle to wriggle out.........they might try the we was'nt notified touch but i'm happy to have that arguement

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
He just did 1000 miles. Did he do his drag races before the run in mileage

·
Registered
51 Posts
He just did 1000 miles. Did he do his drag races before the run in mileage

You cant access launch control or drift mode until you've completed the running process....or that's what happened on my car.....(I did try to select before both models but it wasn't having it).

Unless when he did the botb drag race he didn't actually use launch mode and just went for the floor the accelerator pedal in sport + ( doubt it tho)......????

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Good post not seen it before. I really thought he was going to recommend the A35 as he went on about the £15K price difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Likewise, I could almost hear my wife telling me I told you so!! But once you’ve driven both there really is no comparison!!
Good post not seen it before. I really thought he was going to recommend the A35 as he went on about the £15K price difference.

161 - 180 of 250 Posts