Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone figured out how to get into it?

A Youtube video shows them going into the car settings and pausing on the Quick Access tab. Clearly a button hold or similar, just not sure which :)

·
Registered
773 Posts
Are you a dealer?

I would think that the dealer mode is designed only to used by a dealer when you have a problem and probably only when they are in contact with Mercedes technical. Also note that the system logs everything you do and can be accessed by the dealers when they plug in their laptop. I am sure that if you go into this menu then it will invalidate your warranty as it would seen as you tampering with the system. If you was to have access to that menu then they would have made it easy to access.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Are you a dealer?

I would think that the dealer mode is designed only to used by a dealer when you have a problem and probably only when they are in contact with Mercedes technical. Also note that the system logs everything you do and can be accessed by the dealers when they plug in their laptop. I am sure that if you go into this menu then it will invalidate your warranty as it would seen as you tampering with the system. If you was to have access to that menu then they would have made it easy to access.

Not sure how answers like that are of any help. Did he ask you for your opinion on the matter? Or whether it would invalidate his warranty? It's his car and if he chooses to "hack" it, I say go for it,

Realise that sounds a bit aggressive, but it wasn't meant that way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So, found it by trial and error.
Make sure ‘Quick Setup’ is selected in the menu tabs of vehicle settings.
On the main touch pad, swipe to the left quickly twice.
Happy browsing.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Not sure how answers like that are of any help. Did he ask you for your opinion on the matter? Or whether it would invalidate his warranty? It's his car and if he chooses to "hack" it, I say go for it,

Realise that sounds a bit aggressive, but it wasn't meant that way.
So what you are saying is that if somebody post on here "I want to hack my system" we should not warn them of problems of doing it, as a senior member who has probably in the past played with bits in the past and found out that a lot of time it ends up in tears. What we should do is say "Yeah go ahead an play with your car in a way that the manufacturer did not intend to, don't worry about any warranty and that if you **** it up the dealer will say they will not help"

Or we should wait till they come back on here with "I went into a menu that was hidden and now my system does not work and I have no Sat Nav/Audio/Phone/Dials/Display/Mercedes Me (delete as necessary), and my dealer will not help because I have invalidated my warranty", then we help.

I believe in warning people of the pitfalls before they make mistakes that I have made in the past. I would rather help people before the accidently break something (they may not) rather then letting them sit with a car they cannot work. Maybe you are more the person that would let them make the mistake and the laugh at them afterwards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It’s not hacking. No settings are added to software in a vehicle that would have a detrimental affect. There things in there like switching tourist mode for lights to automatic rather than off (default). Adjusting dampening volumes for navigation audio etc. That’s a particularly handy one as I find it too aggressive, I previously had a Volvo which allowed me to adjust that; the W177 didn’t. Now, I’m happy with the volume, but had to enter dealer mode to do so. It also doesn’t invalidate the warranty, they’re just advanced settings to reduce clutter in the main UI. (Confirmed by my dealer who said if you screw up, we’ll laugh and help you out it back; but unlikely as it’s pretty self explanatory)

·
Registered
54 Posts
w177 180d auto
Hi re dealer menu, is there any option for adjusting the “ MB advanced sound system” as the sub in the boot is poorly set up!
Cheers!
Paul

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes I've had a look at this, lots of options but nothing that looks particularly interesting. At the time I was trying to find a way of changing the amount of volume increase by one click of the volume wheel (I find it either too loud or too quiet) I tried a few settings but nothing worked for me

·
Registered
372 Posts
Are you a dealer?

On the other hand if they wanted to exclude you from it they would password protect it. In any case I didnt find anything very ineresting or useful in it so I shouldnt bother looking :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for your reply, I have just taken a look at it and although I did not select it I noted Dashcam option !
any ideas what lurks below 😬

·
Registered
28 Posts
I clicked through to the Dashcam option from the Dealer Menu on my CLA. Unsurprisingly, it simply gives you a read-only screen that confirms the option isn't enabled/subscribed. There's nothing particularly exciting to be found in there at all!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts