Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve recently just purchased my second A Class, my first being an A180 Sport Executive and now have an A200 Exclusive Edition. Has anyone else been plagued by electrical faults?

My last A Class I thankfully say only had the one which was a sensor calibration being out which caused the car to consistently think there was going to be an accident and emergency stopping me.

However my new A200 has been nothing short but disastrous with electrical issues. In two months of ownership it has been to the dealer three times, the first was because our radio would always de-tune and not work (still not resolved by MB), our reversing camera refused to work and again we had issues with the crash system.

The last two times (within 7 days may I add) our vehicle has refused to start and every single warning light on our dashboard illuminates. It seems our local dealer has no idea what the issue and keeps repairing parts of the vehicle which have nothing to do with the issue I.e they’ve only replaced the reversing camera.

Has anyone else been plagued with electrical faults and or had issues with there dealer getting these repaired properly?

TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reject it.
Before it’s too late.
Thank you. That’s the plan, there after care is atrocious, left me stranded for 3 hours on Sunday until 2pm in the middle of no where for recovery and then once at the dealership, refused to get me a taxi or lift home, and the hire car couldn’t be delivered until 8pm, wanted me to wait in the car park of the dealership for 5 hours for a hire car.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
On the Which? magazine site there are two rejection templates. One for a new car and the other for a second hand car, which can be downloaded.

·
Registered
W177 A200
93 Posts
Only issue I am facing is the ambient temperature sensor reporting whatever it's feeling at the moment. Very inaccurate but I haven't visited the dealership yet

·
Registered
A180 AMG Line Premium Plus Auto with Distronic (the one bit I wanted!)
154 Posts
Only issue I am facing is the ambient temperature sensor reporting whatever it's feeling at the moment. Very inaccurate but I haven't visited the dealership yet
Every day it's a case of "What won't be working today?" Camera misted? Adaptive headlamps not working? Can't read road signs? and today, welcome back the regular "Pre safe not functioning". Nothing disastrous like the starter post, but a bit disappointing.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Every day it's a case of "What won't be working today?" Camera misted? Adaptive headlamps not working? Can't read road signs? and today, welcome back the regular "Pre safe not functioning". Nothing disastrous like the starter post, but a bit disappointing.
Really sorry to hear of all your problems. Did you try rejecting the car.

·
Registered
A180 AMG Line Premium Plus Auto with Distronic (the one bit I wanted!)
154 Posts
I
Really sorry to hear of all your problems. Did you try rejecting the car.
To be fair it’s more niggling annoyances that anything. I’m told the pre safe issue is probably dirty contacts. Going in next week to be checked. From what I read, a lot of modern cars have these sort of software/hardware issues.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Probably why MB has come Joint 22nd. with Peugeot and Vauxhall in the 2021 What Car reliability survey.

·
Super Moderator
4,711 Posts
Probably why MB has come Joint 22nd. with Peugeot and Vauxhall in the 2021 What Car reliability survey.
I was looking at that survey and MB certainly need to do better. But along with the A-Class in it's least reliable size category was the Honda Civic, which I always thought was meant to be very reliable. But the A-Class owner quote is probably what we keep hearing here: "Our A-Class and our local Mercedes-Benz dealership have both disappointed us"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts