Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just went out to my 180d only to find that it could not see my key fob both touch and pressing keys went
un responsive!
luckily I was at home so tried my spare key Which worked normally, one this was done my main key worked normally ?
has has anyone same experience?

Paul

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Further it appears that the battery has died after 4 months from new!
usually all the other Merc‘s I have had the key bat has lasted a couple of years!
cant seem to dislodge the battery cover following the instructions any clues ?
paul

·
Registered
350 Posts
Probably just a bad battery. Did you remove the emergency key before attempting to remove the cover?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for your reply, I had the full diagram and removed the blade first
but for the life of me could not get the cover to shift!
Popped Down to my local MB dealer and had chat with one of the service managers that I’ve dealt with for some years, he had not actually had occasion to replace a battery in the new style fob! so I related the diagram instructions and fortunately his hands were much stronger than mine and the cover finally released !
Took the opportunity ask about using the emergency key, here again this was a first time request as he’d assumed it was the same as on my previous c class, but actually it’s quite different I showed him the actual insertion hole (the somewhat crummy) instruction diagram leaves a lot to be desired after quite a struggle to get the chrome cover off the door handle the key barrel became exposed, (the secret to removing the cover) is the blade has to be fully inserted (very hard push) until you feel a slight click then the blade is left in place and used to full the cover off!
my advice to all w177 drivers is to Practice this as I would not like to have found myself stuck somewhere and try and do it from cold!
Given my car is only four months old a dead key battery Seems ridiculous on previous MBs I’ve always got a couple of years hope this helps somebody
cheers Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts