Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had an A200 manual AMG Line Premium for 3 weeks. I haven't experienced any issues and it's a perfectly smooth ride. I am happy with my choice and cant fault the car.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have to drive auto because I use a left foot accelerator (amputee). At first I hated the idea but now I'm in love with paddle shifting that 7 speed dual clutch.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone with the manual gear having a small backlash on the lever and then listen something like two plastics pieces slamming between them (only when shifting gears)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have to drive auto because I use a left foot accelerator (amputee). At first I hated the idea but now I'm in love with paddle shifting that 7 speed dual clutch.
I'm really looking forward to this aspect of having an auto. Don't really have to think about gears 90% of the time but when you want to shoot off, or even slow things down, the paddles just seem a much simpler option than a gearstick.

Tempted to even try the full manual mode with the paddle shift.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm really looking forward to this aspect of having an auto. Don't really have to think about gears 90% of the time but when you want to shoot off, or even slow things down, the paddles just seem a much simpler option than a gearstick.

Tempted to even try the full manual mode with the paddle shift.
I currently have full manual paddle shift as my drivetrain setting in Individual mode. I swear the car can change gears better than I can most of the time but paddle shifting is more entertaining than I ever thought it would be.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I currently have full manual paddle shift as my drivetrain setting in Individual mode. I swear the car can change gears better than I can most of the time but paddle shifting is more entertaining than I ever thought it would be.
Does it remain in manual mode if you do that? Normally if I touch the paddles it will allow me to manually change the gears, but it will change back to auto after a short while of not operating the paddles.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Does it remain in manual mode if you do that? Normally if I touch the paddles it will allow me to manually change the gears, but it will change back to auto after a short while of not operating the paddles.
So far it has stayed fully manual in Individual mode. I haven't tried anything extreme like trying to see if it'll bounce off the rev limiter or shifting down way too early but I imagine it'll have some form of protection against that. I currently have my Individual mode set to manual shifting, sports steering (which is by far the best steering mode) and sports ESP. I only really use manual shifting for my more 'spirited' driving so setting the rest of the settings to sport made sense, in a way I now have Eco, Comfort, Sports & Sports Manual.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can you please explain what ESP Sport mode does?

Thanks
It makes the electronic stability program more of a 'safety net' than a nanny. It just makes the car more rewarding to drive on the twisties as you have more driver control. It allows wheelspin too as it doesn't kill the power when a wheel slips.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts