Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
From the German forum about the modelchanges:

That's really interesting (and surprising) - here's the main points by the looks of it.....

Am also in the same situation and am thinking about which version I will get since mine should be assembled in July.
I am not only concerned about the changes in equipment and price increases, but also about the many small features that are being eliminated or worsened, such as:
  • The ambient lighting of the mirror package on the exterior mirrors is eliminated
  • Elimination of the folding flap and a USB slot on the rear of the center console
  • Elimination of the chrome element on the flatterer (the new look is not so good in my opinion: https: //....oneweb.mercedes-benz.com/.../...a3e0e3b1c33277aba55b96.jpg )
  • Elimination of the brake system with larger brake discs on the front axle from the AMG Line - in future only available as special equipment for the sports brake system (U28)
  • Elimination of residual heat function in gasoline engines
And many, many more eliminations ... At the moment, the only positive changes seem to be the new frameless interior mirror and MBUX Fresh-Up 3. Everything else is just disappointing.
I will probably reject my car if it is affected by these changes and advise everyone else to visually check a new production model when they arrive at the dealerships before accepting a new order. Many of us will probably order the car in the future based on what we saw in the previous model (either from the dealer or in YouTube reviews) and will get something else without being aware of it.
I don't want to peck, but I don't think that's the way to please customers. You should make changes so everyone wants the newest latest model, not the other way around (e.g. when people miss what you removed).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I checked the hatchback A200 petrol auto amg line premium plus (I have a pre Jul 2020 coming soon) and it was the same price. Did some models come down?

I just went through both brochures. There were mostly minor changes, but one big one is torsion vs multi-link. In the Dec 2019 it doesn't mention either (except for multi-link in the true AMG versions). The July 2020 states that torsion bar is on all SE, Sport, and AMG line 180/180d and 200/200d. But in the autocar review ( Mercedes-Benz A-Class 2019 long-term review | Autocar ) it says the 200 has multi-link, which is what I assumed when I ordered it. We'll know soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
In Germany all models increased in price except the 200d (but that was because they started selling that without the 8 dsg automatic as standard. If you choose that it also increased. So all models increased and had a lot of downgrades.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I checked the hatchback A200 petrol auto amg line premium plus (I have a pre Jul 2020 coming soon) and it was the same price. Did some models come down?

I just went through both brochures. There were mostly minor changes, but one big one is torsion vs multi-link. In the Dec 2019 it doesn't mention either (except for multi-link in the true AMG versions). The July 2020 states that torsion bar is on all SE, Sport, and AMG line 180/180d and 200/200d. But in the autocar review ( Mercedes-Benz A-Class 2019 long-term review | Autocar ) it says the 200 has multi-link, which is what I assumed when I ordered it. We'll know soon.
Have a look at page 40 of the Dec 2019, the A200 does have Multi-Link (first spec sheet) against the latest one which doesn't:

1593126092797.png

You appear correct that the only AMG Line model with Multi-Link are the two A250 versions.

Maybe Mercedes believe the average buyer will not notice the difference in ride quality, or understand the difference, and the more performance minded would see it as a showstopper. Very short-sighted as it one thing I did check when specifying the A200 is that it did have Multi-Link like the old Golf did.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have a look at page 40 of the Dec 2019, the A200 does have Multi-Link (first spec sheet) against the latest one which doesn't:

View attachment 5854 View attachment 5855
You appear correct that the only AMG Line model with Multi-Link are the two A250 versions.

Maybe Mercedes believe the average buyer will not notice the difference in ride quality, or understand the difference, and the more performance minded would see it as a showstopper. Very short-sighted as it one thing I did check when specifying the A200 is that it did have Multi-Link like the old Golf did.
So that's weird. In the UK Dec 2019 I don't have the same page 40 as you do. Nothing that looks like that chart anywhere. Is yours for UK?

·
Registered
15 Posts
In Germany all models increased in price except the 200d (but that was because they started selling that without the 8 dsg automatic as standard. If you choose that it also increased. So all models increased and had a lot of downgrades.
Wow, that's crazy. UK prices look the same (I only checked a few).

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
225 Posts
I can see same exclude 180d in Your UK on brochure:
MBWV177PL/1119 MY800.5
MBWV177PL/0420 MY800.5 - they do not mention about version of suspension

·
Registered
61 Posts
Without MultiLink it’s a downright uncomfortable car to drive. Especially on the bigger 18”. It should be standard.

The problem with those brochures are that they don’t show all the small changes to the content of the different packages, or the smaller things that are being deleted. A lot of parts are being switch to more piano black plastic. Sure you can still get a “mirror package” but no one mentions that it is missing the puddle lights in the mirrors. Same with ambient lighting; it’s still there but now they don’t have it in the rear passenger footwell anymore. Those are just a few examples.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
In July 2019 I picked up the A220 4Matic AMG line Executive with multi link because I hate the KEYLESS-ENTRY system.
As I compare today, there is no petrol version A220 and many things from my specification.
With a few extra I paid with a big discount in Carwow 29,000
In other countries, the A 220 4Matic is doing well.
Only in the UK gentlemen from Mercedes UK think how to make life difficult for future customer .
I changed tires for better quality and I am generally satisfied.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can see same exclude 180d in Your UK on brochure:
MBWV177PL/1119 MY800.5
MBWV177PL/0420 MY800.5 - they do not mention about version of suspension
Thanks for that. I had no idea there were different versions of the brochure, even though they all say "Effective from December 2019 production" at the top. I scrolled to the bottom and saw the brochure versions you mentioned. I also have a MBWV177PL/1219 MY800.5 brochure that shows the multi-link on everything but the 180d, so somewhere between December 2019 and April 2020, they removed mention of axle type for the non true AMG models.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here are the three UK brochures I have. I ordered mine from the Dec 2019 which was delivered in March and I downloaded the later two just to have a look. The March version does not even specify the rear suspension types for the non-Full AMG models.

Attachments

·
Registered
waiting on A45sPlus Patagonia Red
73 Posts
I ordered mine in April, and its being buily July 2nd - what can I expect?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here are the three UK brochures I have. I ordered mine from the Dec 2019 which was delivered in March and I downloaded the later two just to have a look. The March version does not even specify the rear suspension types for the non-Full AMG models.
Right, so, looking at the bottom of your three brochures, you have the December 2019 production brochure versions 12/19 and 04/20, and then the new July 2020 production. The December mentions axles for all models and says only the 180D has tortion, the April only mentions axles for true AMG models and says they all have multi-link, then the July 2020 mentions all models again, but now the 180 and 200 are torsion.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wow, the suspension downgrade is a big thing. Even my A180 has multilink, that’s why I got it over the A180D. Big difference.

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
225 Posts
Guys u can have multilink when choosing DCC, just look at Poland configurator ( check on UK configurator or just non UK cars are on the other side of the world ;/ ):
A160(manual) cheapest version

New A3 lowest aint got too torsion beam or BMW 1xx i/d?
They are doing it quietly to lower costs
Haha something get on my mind :D On the facelift we will get manual stick on hood heheh to equal with Golf xd

Maybe Mercedes believe the average buyer will not notice the difference in ride quality, or understand the difference, and the more performance minded would see it as a showstopper.
Just lets look how many "we are" in here and how many A Classes are..we are on the niche, who just are geeks on cars and choose cars by suspension, brakes, drivetrain or other geek stuff

1 - 20 of 29 Posts