Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have a number of rattles in my A180 - I have buzzy rattles from both the driver and passenger side coming from where door trim meets the end of the dashboard when driving on rough road surfaces. I also have a creaky rattle coming from the rear seat backrest on the passenger side when it's in the 'up' position and the road surface is rough. This stops if the backrest is folded down to rest on the seat cushion. I also have the speaker rattle coming from the speaker in the front passenger side door.

·
Registered
2018 V177 A180d Auto
5 Posts
Any one got and tips on resolving a low spring shaking sound rattle which I have pinned it down to the passenger seat back rest?
Only occurs when the seat is not being sat in and even when the head rest is taken out of the equation. Seat belt and housings have also been eliminated. On chipped surfaces it’s pretty annoying.
Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
5,310 Posts
The W177 can be plagued with squeaks and rattles, unfortunately in most cases the only way is to just disassemble and pad out with felt tape and foam tape etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is a fix and Mercedes are aware of this for the dash rattle, I handed mine in and didn't need to take if for a drive as the technician advised it is a known issue and they applied the felt tape to it. The rattling was driving me mad but its now gone ! All done in 2 days !
Do you have an idea where exactly they applied the felt ? The whole screen? Or where ? I have the same problem .
Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well my rattles are all sorted thank goodness. Dash rattle is fixed and they also replaced my centre console compartment and lid as they said they detected a slight rattle from that as well. Car was in for 3 days but they supplied me with a brand new C300 which was really nice to drive but I wasnt to keen on its lack of technology. No touch screen and you had to use the key to unlock and lock it. The seatbelt mechanism was pretty cool though. Anyway I'm now rattle free.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
How did they solve dash rattle ?

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
Moniaw I’ve bought in September 2020 GLA H247. No rattle more

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
I have no rattles either.

A fairly dopey thing happened to me the other day. There was this rattle happening around the front windscreen area. I spent an age trying the screen the dash the windscreen. I then located the cause. I had pulled the sunvisor out of its clip so that I could easily swivel it around to the driver's door, while driving. That was causing the rattle, where the visor was knocking against the clip 😂

·
Registered
13 Posts
There is a fix and Mercedes are aware of this for the dash rattle, I handed mine in and didn't need to take if for a drive as the technician advised it is a known issue and they applied the felt tape to it. The rattling was driving me mad but its now gone ! All done in 2 days !
Any idea where did they apply the felt exactly? I have dash rattle , disappear when pulling screen with my hand

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine had/has multiple rattles, mainly behind the dash. Last week it went in and they put felt around the MBUX unit that is behind the dash on the drivers side which seems to have resolved one. It’s going in Thursday and they’re keeping it for 2 days to take the dash out to fix a squeaky rattle that they believe is a loose screw right at the top of the dash on the drivers side. Apparently the screw doesn’t even hold anything and is sometime left loose and just spins and causes the squeak. This is going to be the third time it’s been in! Hopefully they fix it this time.
Around mbux unit , you mean the screen itself?
Do you remember exactly where to apply the felt ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Guys, help me source this rattling sound. It's driving me nuts!! When I drive faster then 120km/h a very strange rattling sounds arises. Been to the Benz dealer 4 times. They changed the plastic wheel arch protection, changed the passenger vent, checked the passenger side door panel

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello everyone, i hear a rattling sound whenever i go over 100+kmh and the sound doesnt seem to be affected by accelerating, just by the speed, for example if i go 140 kmh, step out the gas pedal i can still hear it but once i reach around 80/90 kmh it stops rattling, it seems to be coming from the back of my car (maybe rear doors).When its raining outside or the car is recently washed the noise dissapears even when going over 100kmh so only when the car is dry i can hear it.I ve been trying to find a fix for this problem for 5 months but still cant figure it out.I thought someone here had this problem aswell and maybe help me fix this because its really annoying, the car has only 20k kilometres.Do you think it might be due to the aerodynamics of the car? Thanks

·
Administrator
5,310 Posts
Guys, help me source this rattling sound. It's driving me nuts!! When I drive faster then 120km/h a very strange rattling sounds arises. Been to the Benz dealer 4 times. They changed the plastic wheel arch protection, changed the passenger vent, checked the passenger side door panel.
Video
hello everyone, i hear a rattling sound whenever i go over 100+kmh and the sound doesnt seem to be affected by accelerating, just by the speed, for example if i go 140 kmh, step out the gas pedal i can still hear it but once i reach around 80/90 kmh it stops rattling, it seems to be coming from the back of my car (maybe rear doors).When its raining outside or the car is recently washed the noise dissapears even when going over 100kmh so only when the car is dry i can hear it.I ve been trying to find a fix for this problem for 5 months but still cant figure it out.I thought someone here had this problem aswell and maybe help me fix this because its really annoying, the car has only 20k kilometres.Do you think it might be due to the aerodynamics of the car? Thanks
Please see all the links in post #43 above for possible solutions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
After 5 attempts they sourced the sound. The drive shaft was rubbing against the heath shield and that caused the rattling sound. Probably the heat shield has been distorted because of the extended amount heat from the exhaust. They ordered a new heat shield. The rubber on the drive shaft has been worn out tho. But the mechanic told me it wouldn't cause a problem. @bogdancapitanescu2 i had the same problem you discribing.

·
Super Moderator
5,779 Posts
The rubber on the drive shaft has been worn out tho. But the mechanic told me it wouldn't cause a problem.
I don't understand why the mechanic thinks it won't cause a problem. Have you asked them to replace it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
@bogdancapitanescu2 Bogdan, did you manage to find the cause?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi. My car rattles everywhere when i drive over non-smooth roads. I hear rattling from trunk, a pillars, b pillars, you get it. After one fruitless trip to the dealer, I wanted to apply some felt tapes by myself in certain areas. I found that front a pillar has one trim clip missing. Can anyone help with the part number? Found a picture online.
Hood Automotive exterior Grille Tints and shades Electronic device

also the plastic cover that says airbag on it.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts