Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

Rattle, buzzes, squeaks and other noises

79K views 180 replies 73 participants last post by  gwynp 
#1 ·
I’m waiting for a new A200 but I’m a bit concern about some rattles, noises and poor build assembly and also some not very good plastics.

Can anyone give some thoughts?
Any experience, is it easy to sort it out?

#2 ·
Not very good plastics - is that from watching some youtube car reviews? I think the interior is one of the cars big selling points, and the plastics they refer to are low down out of sight and cease to bother you as soon as you sit in the car. The only rattling I had in my new A200 was traced down to the pair of sunglasses I put in the top centre holder.

#11 ·
I haven't had any rattles from my a200 and been going over some rough roads lately. I also live on a roughly made street and no issues.maybe some tiny creaking when going on rough stuff but meh. I love my car. As others have said, the interior in our cars is easily the best in class which outweighs any tiny noises. Hope you can find your rattle soon.

#16 ·
My dash is annoying as ****. There's a plastic on plastic sounding rattle on the passengers side and what sounds like a squealing mouse behind the screen on the drivers side. Had it into Mercedes when it first started and they said they couldn't do anything. The mouse is constant as soon as the engine is turned on it starts. At certain speeds/with certain road conditions it comes and goes, but its there the majority of the time.

#25 ·
Theres a lot of posts on here about the very same issue so I guess it's widespread although it is not affecting everyone so I'm pretty sure dealers must have had customers in with the same issue also.
No rattles for me. A220 purchased Feb2019. On the whole I love the car.
Love my A200 also, this dash rattle and the media screen randomly crashing are my only problems, apart from that the car is fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

#26 ·
I have the A180 AMG Line Auto with Executive Pack. I too experienced an annoying plastic sounding rattle from the dash a month or two after first getting it. Very frustrating as it made it sound cheap, like a ford or something.

Good news though - eithet m it’s now gone or I’ve just gotten used to it and don't notice it anymore. Either way I’m happy because I can’t hear it!

#32 ·
I have the A180 AMG Line Auto with Executive Pack. I too experienced an annoying plastic sounding rattle from the dash a month or two after first getting it. Very frustrating as it made it sound cheap, like a ford or something.

Good news though - eithet m it’s now gone or I’ve just gotten used to it and don't notice it anymore. Either way I’m happy because I can’t hear it!
Oi less of that, my previous car was 65 plate Focus ST, you are right though. The interior was the only thing I did not like about the car, full of cheap plastic and rattles everywhere.